Community post

Question

When to try after miscarriage

I miscarried last week at 9 weeks 2 days. Baby only measured 6+2 and the sac only 5+4- so it was a pretty easy miscarriage. I switched doctors in the middle of all of this. The first doctor said I could being trying again immediately. My current doctor advised me to wait for 1 normal period. I emailed the clinic to verify which was preferable, and was told that it’s fine to start trying again immediately. A lot of the things I have read say that the main reason to wait is for dating purposes. I have irregular cycles anyway, so this doesn’t really help with dating, and I track ovulation.

My question is: would you choose to follow your current doctors suggestion, or would you go ahead and try right away as the 2 others said it was okay? I feel so conflicted.

User image

13 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by informative)

1 - 10 of 13 Answers | Last Page

I'd just start trying. For one, there is no guarantee you would even get pregnant that quick. And also, It might help because you are more fertile. I would just go ahead and move forward!

Mill

4 years ago

I’d start trying right away. You know your body better than the doctor too, so if you feel ready than go for it!

4 years ago

Thanks ladies! That helps me feel a bit better about it! I’m ready to move forward and keep trying. I’m not getting any younger

User image

4 years ago • Post starter

I think I mentioned this before but I miscarried at 5 weeks 5 days naturally so I don’t know if that makes any kind of difference but I did get pregnant between my miscarriage and before my next cycle. I would maybe ask your Dr about taking progesterone and baby aspirin. My Dr said it helps to prevent miscarriage again. I am still taking it daily until my second trimester. Good luck! I’ll be watching for your updates!

4 years ago

You know my story, we tried before 1st cycle. I felt guilty at first but now I'm happy we did it

4 years ago

Angela- I’m going with that as well. I’m only using OPKs this cycle, so I’m not trying as hard. Kind of relaxing a bit and just seeing what happens. Hoping it happens this cycle! I miss knowing that I’m growing a beautiful little person inside of me. My heart aches for the loss. But it still aches for all 4 of my little angel babies, so I’m very ready to start over and hopefully have a beautiful little baby to hold at the end of this next pregnancy. Your story sure give me some extra hope

User image

Kyekye23: can you tell me which day of your cycle you started the progesterone and aspirin? Thank you :)

4 years ago

Impatiente: I started a few days after I found out I was pregnant so I was only 3-4 weeks along

4 years ago

Kyekye- did your doctor prescribe it to you? Did you have progesterone tested? Was yours low? And what does the aspirin do??

User image

No my progesterone was never tested. If you google baby aspirin and progesterone you can read more about it. To be honest, I don’t know know much.. my Dr said he believed it helps in preventing miscarriage and since I had just had one I went with it

4 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo