Community post

Discussion

Pregnant in your 40s

Hi, I am looking to share experiences with pregnant women or women trying to conceive in their 40s. I am mum of two girls (9 & 4) and am newly pregnant at 44. Of course I am a little anxious about what’s to come looking at statistics of miscarriages and other problems at my age. Anyone in the same boat?

8 Replies • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

Hello. I am in the same boat. I’m 42 and just found out I’m pregnant (we weren’t actively trying????) so I’m a little shocked but excited at the same time.
I had my last baby at 40 and had no issues. Easy pregnancy and birth!!

Have you been to the dr yet?

4 years ago

I’m 40. I’m 6wks pregnant, numerous chemicals and miscarriage last yr. all is going well this time with a little flickering heartbeat but I’ve been spotting for on and off for two wks, not sure what that means. X

4 years ago

Im 35 and 5 weeks pregnant. can I join. Lol????

3 years ago

Hi when you found out was your cycle normal

3 years ago

Hi ladies, thank you all for responding. Of course everyone welcome - no matter what age ????. I am not typically a big poster but have been feeling a little alone with this pregnancy - being mainly locked in the house and all. We haven’t actively been trying to conceive but also not actively avoiding it. I stopped taking the pill last year October then had a chemical pregnancy in November. Then of course this month with everything that’s happening in the world I am getting that second line. (All pretty normal cycles @iamhaveababy - a day off here or there) Go figure ????. I am quietly excited but don’t want to get my hopes up. My partner doesn’t know yet. I am only 4.5 weeks and I want to wait till I feel a bit more confident - 6 weeks maybe. Haven’t been to doctor - difficult with covid. But I will schedule an online appointment when I get to 6 wks. How are you all feeling? Anyone having any symptoms? @iamhaveababy are you trying to conceive?

3 years ago • Post starter

Not really try but want another child I pray your little baby ok

3 years ago

Hi girls, I have nausea, really sore boobs and lots of gas haha. I also feel very alone as my OH is a key worker in a rest home so he is staying at his mums at the moment until the virus has gone. Feel like I’m going through it all by myself. I know it’s for the best just sucks that we can’t celebrate together, meant to be the happiest days but they’ve turned into fear. Stay strong ladies. X

3 years ago

hey I'm 42 had a MMC in January and am unofficially trying again, this virus has us wanting to wait but if it happens it happens, am currently 8dpo so who knows !!
I have a 21 year old and a 14 year old.

User image

3 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo