Community post

Question

Anyone able to ease my nerves??

Hey mommas so I'm pregnant with my 3rd child,just found out recently. My second child was born breech (vaginally,we had no idea) I'm wondering if for this pregnancy if I would be considered high risk or if having a previous breech birth would give them enough reason to do an ultrasound later in pregnancy? With my other two I never had an ultrasound or anything after 18wks so we dont know how long my 2nd was breech. It was a very traumatic experience (being breech was just the icing on top of everything else,got sent home in active labor,came back 2 hrs later and she was born 23min after getting to the hospital and no doctors were there yet!) we are so lucky my daughter wasnt seriously hurt or worse. She was only 6lbs 1oz so thats probably a factor in it and them giving me an episiotomy (had one with my 1st as well) but I'm totally freaked out that my labor will be like how it was last time or worse and that this baby will be breech and we wont have any idea again.

1 Answer • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by likes)

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

Congratulations

You can have a private ultrasound done at any time if you have any in your area. But an OB or midwife should be able to tell if a baby is breech by feeling around on your stomach. That sounds like a very stressful and scary experience but I'm not sure that one pregnancy being breech increases the risk of subsequent babies being breech. Placenta placement and other factors are at play.

I'd consider a different practice if they did this to you without your knowledge.

4 years ago • Edited

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo