Community post

Question

How long does it take for hcg to go back to 0 after 7 week miscarraige?

I had a miscarriage at 7 weeks, blighted ovum. How long does it take for hcg to go back to neg or 0? My bleeding stopped a week ago and had blood work yesterday, levels are at 18. There is NO chance this is a new pregnancy, I'm just asking for piece of mind, so I know when to expect this to be completely over with so I can move on... Thanks in advance ladies.

User image

6 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

This doesn't help but just totally depends on that pregnancy. I think it took me 2-3 weeks and I started ovulating but I looked into at the time and there was such a range of timelines. How long has it been now? BTW, I was almost 7 weeks along when I began MCing

4 years ago • Edited

Took me less than a week... But I was only 4 weeks. Think It depends on how far along you were.

4 years ago • Edited

02/09/20 is when the bleeding started. I passed the gestational sac on 02/16/20 and bleed for almost another week.... I've stopped bleeding a week and 1 day now... there probably is no chance of ovulating while my hcg is still at 18 right? And wondering when to expect my 1st AF after this... I'm completely lost

User image

4 years ago • Post starter

It has taken 5-8 weeks for my cycle to return in previous miscarriages. I think on average it took 2-3 weeks for my levels to return to normal after a D&C or a natural miscarriage. Hope you’re ok x

4 years ago

Looking at my chart I ovulated almost 3 weeks after passing the baby. I was pretty frustrated waiting for it as well and then didn't know if my body was going to even ovulate. I started using opks to see what my body was doing xo

4 years ago

I miscarried at 14 weeks and even after my levels were supposedly less than 5 I still had positive test on FRER for a full 3 months. My D&C was late September and still had lines through Christmas...I couldn’t believe it.

I can’t really speak to 7 weeks other than to cut that time in half.

I’m so sorry for your loss.

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo