Community post

Question

Is spotting OK in early pregnancy?

Yesterday and today I had just a tiny bit of pink when I wipe... It has never been dark or even enough to get on me.. Only visible when I wipe... Had anyone else had this? Is it OK??? My levels just went from 54 to over 200 in 4 days...

8 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by informative)

1 - 8 of 8 Answers

Your hcg levels sounds like they’re doubling normally. Some spotting can be normal too, but I would call your OB for peace of mind. I spotted for the first 2 weeks after my BFP with my second daughter, my dr checked my progesterone and it was a little low/causing the spotting. Got on a supplement and everything was fine. Yours may not even be low, but I always call my dr to get some reassurance or help

4 years ago

Aw thank you so much for your reply! I feel better now and I will mention it to my doctor

4 years ago • Post starter

i spotted for the first 3 months with both of my daughters and had no complications. as long as your HCG levels are staying normal and the bleeding doesn't become heavy and AF like, try not to stress. i agree with sonata85, check with your OB if your concerned. good luck with everything and wishing you a happy healthy 9 months

4 years ago

Thank you! I had another rhogam shot and that made it go away for good... I cramp occasionally but never spot anymore.

i had to get the rhogam shots during my pregnancies too... and had to get them after my daughters were born...( because they didn't match my blood type) shots in the hip are the worst lol

4 years ago

They gave me one in December.... Then I got pregnant in January lol. Before then , I wouldn't conceive! Never knew that was my problem. I am A- but the shot completely stopped my spotting... I guess that's what I needed

i am also A-, it makes me wonder if I need to get that checked out. I've been trying for 4 years now

4 years ago

You really need to!!! I kept miscarrying or wouldn't conceive at all..... That was my ONLY PROBLEM. I thought I had fertility issues.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo