Community post

Journal

Blighted Ovum: update

For those following me, yes it was definitely a blighted ovum.... I've been bleeding for over a week and just passed the gestational sac yesterday. My doctor said the placenta should follow within a couple days and to watch for it so hopefully we won't need to do the D&C. My hcg on 2/9/2020 was in the 7500's while on 2/13/2020 my count was in the 2000's, so big nose dive. I'm surprised I bled this long before passing the sac, I would've expected to pass it much sooner with the start of the heavy bleeding that took place 2/9/2020. I'm used to chemicals, so honestly didn't expect to really pass anything noticable this time, but I was much further along this time than with my chemicals, so of course something was there.... just empty... I was so angry and hurt at first and still cry sometimes... but honestly, knowing there wasn't a baby in that sac sort of made this easier to deal with... knowing I didn't lose another baby makes the process of micarrying easier for me, I'm just angry at the false hope, like life lied to me like a cruel joke...

I've been dealing with this miscarriage by spending so much time with my husband and my 2 boys. We went to Busch Gardens this past Saturday and had a blast with out kiddos. We took them to a close by indoor playground and rode gokarts Sunday, so I've just been staying busy with my family. We actually got passes to 4 parks including Busch Gardens and are taking a week vacation in March to go to all the parks with our kiddos while they're on Spring Break and I'm super excited for it! We cannot TTC for 3 normal cycles after this ends, so I won't be pregnant or even thinking about wanting to be, just focusing on spending time with the family I was blessed enough to have.

Doctor said there's no rhyme or reason to blighted ovums, there's nothing wrong with us, so we're hopeful for the future when we're able to TTC#3 again.

User image

3 Comments • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Comments (sorted by laughs)

1 - 3 of 3 Comments

My heart breaks for you, but I am so glad you have you husband and boys to help you through the grief. It’s so good to hold you family closer and enjoy your time with them! You’re so strong to just push yourself past the hurt and find the joy in what you have! Enjoy these next few months of not worrying about ttc and just enjoy your family! ????

User image

4 years ago

Thank you so much Kahlan I appreciate your support I'll just be happy when this is over so I can officially move on. I feel like I am ready to move past this, but with my body still bleeding and having contractions to finish passing everything, it makes it hard to move on. I didn't expect this to be such a longer process than a chemical I guess

User image

4 years ago • Post starter

I understand! My second miscarriage was a missed miscarriage. It was almost like a blighted ovem. I miscarries around 11weeks, but baby only made it to 8. There was very little left but a blob that my dr said was what is left of baby. The sac looked empty until he pointed it out. It was more painful than the contractions of childbirth for me (probably because of the emotions). So feel all of your feels, and don’t feel guilty- I did and it was horrible- feeling all the pain compounded with feel guilty for being emotional. You’re still losing a baby, it’s just not a physical on. All the hopes, dreams, and expectations were there! So many hugs to you ????

User image

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo