Community post

Question

Opk’s

View Full Post

Hey, ttc number 3 what ovulation tests do people recommend please and where do you buy yours? First time using opks so unsure when to start testing and what time of day etc, any tips please

E naylor

17 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 17 of 17 Answers

Yep, go to two, and if they’re still that dark, even 3. Once mine get that dark I become a testing maniac. My surge only lasts 12-18hrs, so it’s nice to pinpoint the darkest one.mine is usually a night time surge, but a few times I’ve peaked the next morning, so it can push my O day back a day.

User image

4 years ago

So I’ve just done one and it’s lighter than this morning so it’s saying I’ve had a peak but I don’t think that’s right do u? X

user submitted image

E naylor

4 years ago • Post starter

My tests and app prediction today, gone back to high x

user submitted image

E naylor

I would 100% recommend the clear blue advanced fertility monitor - I did a lot of research on it as I have unpredictable cycles it an average of 33 days. It’s one of the only OPKs that isn’t effected by cycsts if you have them, i believe. I did use opks before but I found I would have 2 Peaks within a month which is obviously not right and it turned out a cycst had ruptured and that’s what gave it a peak. However on the clear blue it tells you clearly low high or peak and I got my peak on cd16 which you have for 2 consecutive days because when you get a peak the egg will be released within 24-36 hours. Then I had a high then low and stopped testing. It is so so much easier to use and the more cycles you use it for the less tests it will require as it tailors it to your cycles! Hope this helps and I haven’t just rambled on???? x

4 years ago

I am confused actually haha, so what are u saying about my tests so far? X

E naylor

I would say if you feel cd10 is too early for your cycle length it could be likely to be cysts if you suffer with them x

4 years ago

I would say you haven’t ovulated yet. I usually get 2 surfers to just shy of positive, then my third surge I finally get a peak test and ovulate. This was my first cycle since removing my iud that I only had 1 surge and it resulted in ovulation. I think it just takes some people’s bodies a little extra time to regulate after they have been on hormones. Don’t count yourself out yet. My first cycle was 41 days and has gone down from there. It just may take a bit for you body to find it’s new norm without BC.

User image

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo