Community post

Journal

Blighted Ovum

Had my first ultrasound done yesterday at 6 weeks... gestational sac was empty... this is my first experience with blighted ovum... I am absolutely devastated and just done with everything... how much more cruel could a blighted ovum be? To see your hcg levels rise normal and think everything is finally going to be ok this time, not another chemical, then go to your first ultrasound hoping to see that little peanut on the screen only to find nothing... F this

User image

10 Comments • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Comments (sorted by likes)

1 - 10 of 10 Comments

Crystalmom, hope your doing ok, was it definitely a blighted ovum Then, thinking of u and I hope your ok x

E naylor

4 years ago

Im so sorry. That had to have been devestating. Everything looked so good. Do they have any idea on reason? If there is one? I know nothing about a blighted ovum or causes. Prayers for you.

Mill

4 years ago

I’m so sorry
My heart is breaking for you! Losing a pregnancy is so devastating. Take the time to feel what you feel. Don’t feel guilty of unjustified- it made things extra hard! Big hugs and healing vibes being sent your way.

User image

4 years ago

So sorry to hear this. I have been following you and rooting for you.

4 years ago

Oh hun. I’m so sorry to read this.

4 years ago

Oh no so sorry hun, can’t believe this is happening again to you, is there any reason why it keeps happening or is it just one of those things here if u wanna chat etc x

E naylor

4 years ago

Oh man I am so sorry. I came back to check on you and a few others. How completely devastating. Prayers going up for you. Lots of love

4 years ago

Uuugggggghhhh I'm so sorry! How awful. Thinking of you.

4 years ago

I was 5w & 6d and there was just a yolk sac. Now I have a five month old daughter.

4 years ago

Thank you ladies. Yes, it was an empty gestational sac, I just passed the sac yesterday. My doc said the placenta should follow within a couple days. I've been bleeding for over a week, so I'm surprised I'm just now passing the sac and soon placenta... Having bad contractions today so hoping to pass the placenta soon, I just want this over with so we can move on! Blood draw on 2/9/2020 was in the 7500's, blood draw 2/13/2020 was in the 2000's. Next blood draw will be this Thursday 2/20/2020.... really hoping this will be over with soon, just ready to move on.

User image

4 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo