Community post

Discussion

TTC November/December 2021

View Full Post

Hello friends! Since as it seems I’m not going anywhere soon, I’ll be glad to have some company in here, sharing our concerns and daily updates while TTC!

Good luck to everyone!!

User image

2000 Replies Closed • 4 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1541 - 1550 of 2000 Replies | Last Page

Lizzie: welcome! So, the way OPKs work is they turn positive when you get an LH surge which is your body gearing up to ovulate. They don't tell if you actually DO ovulate though. Only that your body is trying. So by your OPK only, day 21 looks positive which means your body had an LH surge. Typically a woman ovulates approximately 12-36 hours after a positive OPK. But without doing basal body temperature (BBT) tracking you won't know for sure if you ovulated without the doctor confirming it. But, once you see that positive OPK you should have sex asap. I had to figure all this out this month for the first time too lol! I'm officially 3 days post ovulation (dpo) according to my bbt chart. Hopefully you ovulated and caught the egg!

3 years ago

Pandorica oh no! Hopefully you and hubby will figure something out and maybe you’ll get a chance for this cycle!

Southern the tww is a total nightmare especially when you’re at 1-6 dpo knowing that nothing serious as a symptom can occur but you may already be pregnant. You got this! Fingers crossed!

Vintage so glad that you’re finding joy in your workout! This is the best thing to to actually when ttc! Good luck this cycle!

Lizzie fingers crossed for a bfp in a few days girl!! Keep us posted!

AFM I’m 13dpo and af should be here tomorrow! I’m very moody, cramping and I’m having breast and lower back pain. I could guess that she maybe arrive earlier.. dang it

User image

3 years ago • Post starter

Alex: oh I know. I try not to take any twinge or symptom seriously til at least 10 dpo so I don't get my hopes up. I officially got crosshairs on fertility friend to confirm ovulation. So I'm 3dpo. I'll just focus myself on my daughter's birthday party, my in laws coming, and Christmas shopping.

3 years ago

Alex - I guess I just have to wait and see what my body does. If we miss it, I'll just have to hope that next cycle will be better.

User image

3 years ago

Southernmama: wow that's a lot! Thank you so much for explaining I'm learning so much. It's tricky because I was told to start progesterone 2-3 days after seeing the LH surge but I saw the surge for two days if I ovulated I suspect I'm 5dpo? My REI said nothing about confirming ovulation I'm really spinning the wheel on this cycle lol I have a follow up appointment on Monday to go over labs and see what the new plan will be for next cycle if it doesnt happen for us.

Alex- thank you so much! I hope AF doesnt arrive for you at all.

3 years ago

Lizzie my surge lasts 2-3 days, but they say that only first positive test counts. So if you get first positive opk test, it means ovulation probably will occur in next 36hrs, so there is really no need to take more tests, it will not tell you anything. If you had first positive test on CD21, then put ovulation on CD22.

User image

3 years ago

Lizzie: The first positive OPK is the one that matters, as Näsake mentioned. It is a lot to figure out. Try not to think too much about it because it can seriously stress you out.

3 years ago

I think I spoke too soon. I usually have ov pains starting like cd 10 or so that gets more intense the closer to ov I get. So far I've had none of it, until today.. It went from 0 to 100 in only a few hours and now it's really intense! I took one of the sticks for my monitor, which gave me a "Low" reading this morning btw, and it's a definite peak! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's a good strong ovulation. That means we're still in the game for this cycle.

User image

3 years ago

Pandorica: yay!!!!! Isn't it crazy how our bodies like to throw us a curve ball when we think we know what to expect? I'm so excited for you! Fingers crossed!!!!

3 years ago

Thank you ladies! It's all starting to click. The things you wish you were actually taught in health class.

3 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo