Community post

Question

Positive OPK

Anyone else have a short LH surge? I only get a positive OPK for 24 hr or less, sometimes its only positive for about 12 hrs.

User image

7 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by informative)

1 - 7 of 7 Answers

Mine are that way. I usually get an equal line positive, then within 12 hours I get my darker than control line positive, and within another 12 hours they’re back to negative. I generally ovulate the day after my dye stealer. I did have 1 cycle that I had 2 days of positives, but still only a few hours of dye stealers.

User image

4 years ago

@Kahlan+NatsMomma I got equal pos line at 6am and by 10am got a darker than control line and by 8pm they were back to negative. I had a bbt rise this am too.

User image

4 years ago • Edited • Post starter

Interesting! Hopefully you O’d yesterday. Or it could be a random temp spike and you will ovulate today! Drives me nuts when I have an odd situation where I can’t pinpoint the exact day of O, but I would say you’re either on O day or 1 DPO. I would just err on the side of caution and call this O day since today would be 24hrs after peak opk. Wishing you the best of luck!

User image

4 years ago

have you tried using the ClearBlue Advanced Ovulation tests? the one that has the blinking smiley face/ and SOLID smiley face. They work pretty good with my experiences with them.

4 years ago

@lauradgraham33 I didnt use those ones but i did use the ones with just the circle and smiley face and only got the smiley face for one day as well. We were able to catch the egg with this cycle somehow!!!

User image

4 years ago • Post starter

Congratulations!! Tried to do a Xx but came up as ???? :)

4 years ago • Edited

awwww that is great news!! Congratulations!!

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo