Community post

Question

False positive pregnancy tests ??

Okay ladies. So yesterday afternoon, I took a first response early result. It was positive. I took another one last night ( different box). And it was positive again!!!
This morning I woke up and took another test thinking it may be a little darker and I can show my fiancé and it was negative. Completely negative. Has anyone had any experience with false positives? I have 4 days until my period is due.

user submitted image

6 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

With 2 positives from different boxes, I would be more curious of the one this morning is a false negative. I hope tomorrow’s test is darker! Good luck!

User image

4 years ago

Maybe you had diluted urine? Do you remember waking up in the middle of the night going to the bathroom? Or maybe lots of liquids? I hope this is not a chemical and hopefully you’ll be having darker tests tomorrow! Fingers crossed

User image

4 years ago

That's odd..retest with another brand of tests.

4 years ago

Tested again this morning and it was negative. I honestly have no idea what happened. If it was a chemical, would the test show negative that quickly ?

4 years ago • Post starter

Could be a chemical for sure. With mine I tested positive on a clear blue digi and started miscarrying the same day - my beta hcg was 13. Two days later the test was negative.

4 years ago

I didn’t use first response however I took two tests four days before period I had faint positives took another day after negative then again day after negative then on my period due date I thought what the hell and it was positive straight away took 7 more in the end (crazy I know but I’ve had recurrent miscarriages and have been trying for our rainbow for over a year) and all were positive apart from a clear blue digi, I’m now almost 7 weeks pregnant. You’re more likely for a false negative than a false positive. Sending you lots of baby wishes x

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo