Community post

Question

4-5 week ultrasound no visual baby

Hi ladies, I ended up sat in the gynae ward for 4 hours yesterday afternoon after left sided pains ect. Anyway they done an internal scan and could only see the tiniest little thing if anything at all going by first day of last period I should be 6 weeks today but due to irregular cycles it’s possible I’m not that far along. I ovulated 2nd of Jan for sure but don’t know how to work out dates ect from ov day? anyway has anyone experienced this or something similar I’m obviously worried about this being ectopic or losing the baby. Back in for bloods and scan tomorrow any help or opinions would be great

4 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

If you ovulated on January 2nd for sure then you are 5 weeks today. I've never had an ultrasound that early but usually there isn't a heartbeat until 6 weeks so I wouldn't be to worried they didn't see much yet. If they and you are worried about an ectopic and you are going back in for more scans I'd say you are in good hands and they will catch it before it becomes a big problem. Sending you positive vibes!

4 years ago

I had this problem too. On December 3rd went for a scan to be told they couldn't see anything and wasn't that far on so it would be early days. Done an internal scan the same night and said everything was fine and baby had a heartbeat to go back the following day for a proper scan in the maternity unit and be told I was 7 weeks and it was ectopic and my right tube had ruptured. Be careful and get your doc to do blood tests to check HCG levels. I had pregnancy removed and right tube but baby had a heartbest but pregnancy wouldn't of survived. I had pain on my left side for weeks and started light bleeding for a few days which got heavy but very sore hips and back too.

4 years ago

It's probably just too early to see baby.

User image

4 years ago

I had a scan at 5 weeks and they saw a yolk sac only, 12 week scan the saw two babies. Good luck with your next scan.

User image

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo