Community post

Discussion

TTC October 2020 Babies

View Full Post

Hi all! I'm back in the TTC game as of today. I just got my first post postpartum period so now I feel like I can try and track ovulation. I ordered some OPKs and will start using them in a week or so. I can't track BBT this time around because of my DD.

I used this site heavily while trying to conceive our daughter and made a bunch of friends that I still talk to. I'm looking forward to meeting some new ladies and sharing in this TTC journey again.

Here's a little bit about me. I started TTC in 2017 and it took us 9 months of tracking to get our first BFP. Our daughter was born on Valentine's day 2019 and is almost one! We want our kids about 2 years apart but know that it's not really our choice. We are hoping it will take 9 months (cycles) or less to conceive baby number 2. I expect to have irregular cycles starting out because we are still breast feeding. I had very regular periods before getting pregnant.

So! Who is trying for October babies and how's it going?

145 Replies • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

81 - 90 of 145 Replies | Last Page

Good luck to all on these fall 2020 babies! Meanwhile, I am on 2DPO and already impatient. All I can think about it that if this was our cycle, I will be able to fairly confidently tell my hubs on Valentine's Day. Why do I do this to myself? Especially when we only hit O-2 this cycle as I had the flu and then he got it. Hmf. Best of luck to everyone, this site keeps me sane during these dreadful TWWs

4 years ago

I’m so excited to see so many ladies getting near ovulation, in their TWW, and entering the testing window! I’m rooting for everyone! Seeing all your stories not only helps me pass this time of waiting and planning and searching for that surge, but is also gives me hope as I see so many ladies getting their BFP’s!
AFM- I’m now on CD8. I have not started my OPK’s yet (which I’m very proud of) because My CM is still sticky, so I know they won’t show anything yet. I’m finally getting to know my body, so I can rely more on it and hold off on the tests longer! Hopefully I won’t have to buy more OPK’s this cycle, and will only need what’s left from the last one.
I currently have a cold with the worst headaches, but hoping to bd tonight, then in 3 days (cd11) then I will start every other until my positive OPK at which point I will aid for 3 days in a row! Since my husband can’t handle too many consecutive days of BDing, I’m trying to be very strategic this cycle!
Anyone else have to make a similar plan of attack in their ttc journey??

User image

4 years ago

@Kahlan+NatsMomma I am currently CD8 too! I started OPKS yesterday and i'm currently debating on this month's TTC'ing game plan. My cm is starting to change over to ew slightly. I usually O on CD13 so i am trying to decide on if i wanna start BDing every other day starting now through O?? or every other day until i get a positive and then BD everyday??? We are trying preseed this month to see if that makes a difference.

User image

4 years ago • Edited

Brittany- I’m goin GB with the every other day then every day after my positive. The would mean I will likely get day before, day of and day after O. Day before and day of seem to be the best for me to have success. I’m convince I may have slightly acidic cm because if I miss day of O I have never gotten Pregnant. I also use pressed to hopefully help to.
You’re lucky with a CD13 O day. My earliest has been CD17. And as late as CD28 this round of ttc! It can be very frustrating! I wish it was at least consistent so it was easier to make my plan!

User image

4 years ago

@Kahlan+NatsMomma Last month we did every other day and then i got a + OPK on CD 13 but pretty sure it would have been positive on CD 12 in the late evening. so we BD both on CD 13 and CD 14. My bbt showed a temp rise on CD 14. I am also upping my water intake as last month, i wasn't drinking nearly as much and i could tell by the lack of CM. Normally i have 3-4 days of EWCM and last month there was maybe 2 days of it. Fingers Crossed that this is our month!!!!!!!!

User image

4 years ago • Edited

I'm on CD 19 and have NO IDEA when to expect AF or if I even ovulated...this 2WW is killer! I've been anywhere from 25-38 days on my cycles. I just wanna test already...

4 years ago

I'm worried I'm not going to ovulate or I wont know when I am. Nothing on my OPKs shows that I'm gearing up to ovulate. If anything yesterdays were more negative then those I had on CD12... Just upset a bit that my cycle wont be like "normal", even though I knew this was a possibility.

Husband and I will just keep BDing every 2-3 days to keep some swimmers in there.

4 years ago • Post starter

FlamingoGirl- here’s what my progression looked like last month. Had a lot of ups and downs until I finally saw my surge on CD 19. I did O on CD20. This is the cycle following a chemical, but not unusual for me to have a few ups and downs before I actually get my surge.
I hope yours comes soon, but don’t be surprised if your cycle is a bit wonky since you’re still nursing and it’s only your first cycle! But also- hold on to that hope- I caught that first egg after my first post party period and I got my beautiful second daughter! You’ve got this!!

user submitted image

User image

4 years ago

@Kahlan+NatsMomma - Thank you for the luck and for sharing your OPKs. Seeing someones elses ups and downs is helpful and encouraging that I'll get there too. If we caught the first egg I would be shocked and over the moon!

I hope you catch that egg this month!

4 years ago • Post starter

Ugh this TWW is brutal...I had positive OPKs CD14,15 and 16

Currently approx 4DPO and cramping allllllll day today. Like I could swear my period is going to be here any second. The earliest my period would be here is CD24 which 5 days away.

I had my first PP period in May, and have ranged from 24-28 day cycles, with 26 being the average.

This was my first month using OPKs.

And honestly the chance for pregnant this month is low because even thu we DTD on CD 12&14 we did pull out each time. So small chance but enough I jumped on board here.

If we don’t have a pregnancy this cycle, we will take more protective measures, and try in the spring. I am actually hoping for a 2021 baby. Time will tell I guess

Babydust to everyone!

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo