Community post

Journal

POAS AA Anyone?

So my tests came in from Amazon at 6dpo... what else was I supposed to do but take one?
I took another last night at 7dpo and I SWEAR I could see the shadow of a line starting... but those lines usually darken as they dry and it turned stark white, so...
I am now 8dpo and not testing again until tomorrow morning. Since I tested last night, there wouldn't be much difference today, especially morning. So... for tomorrow morning at 9dpo! I've gotten noticeable faint positives by 8-9dpo with my boys, so... here's to hoping... I always get my hopes up, though, every stinkin' cycle.
It's a serious issue I have with testing early and I honestly don't know why I do this to myself when all it does is drive me crazy and make myself go blind trying to see an imaginary 2nd line. Why can't I just wait until 12dpo and test when a line should def be there? I seriously think I believe the more I POAS, the more likely I can make one turn positive with sheer will power...

User image

8 Comments • 4 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Comments (sorted by likes)

1 - 8 of 8 Comments

Awwwwww!!! That was super sweet! My hubby is oblivious. ???? he thinks it’s silly of me to use OPK’s and temp and time sex. Thinks I should just ‘let it happen.” With my irregular cycles and my age making things more challenging and time sensitive (I’m the first woman in my moms family to be able to keep my uterus in 4 generations past 32) I want to time things perfectly!! I often wish my hubby would be a little more sensitive to my fears. But- he’s lack of concern also helps me dwell a little less- so I guess you win some and lose some! Here’s to hoping we both get blazing s this cycle!!

User image

4 years ago

I have drove myself crazy month after month with the early tests. Once I start, I think I see shadows and I can't stop! Next month is #10 and I am going to SIT ON MY HANDS till 15 dpo.
I can't take all the let down.

P.S. So you think 12 dpo is out, for sure? I got a negative today at 12dpo.

User image

4 years ago

Lol- right there with you! I started the crazy cycle at 5 DPO- knowing all too well that is would be negative. I seem to implant at 8dpo usually. but- the madness has begun. I’m only 7dpo, but I feel a bit crappy in the right side of my pelvis and my boobs are mildly tingly... in reality- the boob tingling could be PMs, and the crampyness could be intestinal, but I’m holding on to hope that it could be implantation and that I will get my BFP in a couple days!
I will be watching for your BFP!

User image

4 years ago

I'm the exactly the same way.. I buy so many test that I test my whole cycles through lol I give myself bout 4 days to break during AF then testing again for ovulation. I'm testing early all the time, I do drive myself crazy! But I do it now out of habit & I'm use to holding my pee for 4-6 hours every time lol This cycle I told myself I won't go crazy & test early, or every day, well that didn't happen I ended up testing more lol I was going opk happy as well Then my husband & goes buys me over $200 worth of Pregnancy test few days ago, he went in family dollar & bought out every single test they had, he knew I just bout few different boxes off the internet lol and he also bought me this candle it's a stress relief naturally infused scented candle. Like that's supposed to help me during my poas madness haha he's funny but he's always asking me did you test yet?? Hopefully we all will get our BFP soon. Finger's crossed for you ladies

User image

4 years ago

Maybe, everyone is different. I'd deff be out at 12dpo myself. But it all depends on your cycle, when you O, regular cycles or not, etc.

User image

4 years ago • Post starter

I’m totally losing my mind wanting to pee on more sticks!! As if the possible shadow will suddenly be a blaring positive 3 hours later

User image

4 years ago

I'm the same exact way.. lol

User image

4 years ago

If there is a stick to pee on in this house I will. Even when I had an IUD. I have zero control

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo