Community post

Question

Which day is ovulation day?

Here’s my chart. I’m certain the estimated ovulation day is wrong, but- based on my chart- would you say I ovulated on the 8th or the 9th? My temps were so gradual to increase I’m a bit confused.
I got my peak OPK at 9pm on the 7th. It was still positive, but not as dark the next morning.
In the afternoon on the 8th my cervix began to close and CM went to creamy/water after still being EW in the morning.
I was leaning toward O day being the 8th, but the slow temp rise is throwing me off.

user submitted image

User image

7 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by likes)

1 - 7 of 7 Answers

How did the OPK look during the afternoon on the 8th? I know you said in the morning it was still positive. Just wondering if you tested again that day. I would assume possibly you ovulated on the 7th at night but you could be right about the 8th as well. Tricky!

4 years ago

Here’s an updated chart. I’m still not sure. Now I’m wondering if maybe my chart is right... I ran out of tests on the 6th so couldn’t test. On the 7th my OPK’s were positive all afternoon and had my darkest that night at 9. On the 8th I had a positive at 9 am then the we’re negative from 11 on. That have stayed barely negative since. They’ve never stayed this dark for so long. Maybe it’s a good sign... maybe it’s nothing. Regardless- I’m somewhere between 5-7dpo... what does everyone think? This cycle is throwing me for a loop.

user submitted image

User image

4 years ago • Post starter

Ps- stef- somehow I never saw your reply! Thanks for the response- and I only had the one equal darkness positive that day.

User image

If your darkest opk was on Jan 7th at 9pm, then your egg will actually come out 36hrs later, making ovulation Jan 9th 9am-ish. Some women the egg can come out only 24hrs later, but whether I am triggered at the clinic or let my own LH rise, I ovulate at the standard 36hrs after trigger/positive opk. So I would say Jan 10th is your 1 dpo.

4 years ago

Hawaiiba e- thanks! That makes me feel lots better- that would make me 8 DPO today! It’s so hard to tell with the gradual rise on my chart, so I’ve been going with the day after my peak.

User image

It updates my o day to much later. I still don’t think it’s right- pretty sure I ovulated on the 8th or 9th due to OPK’s and secondary signs. That puts me at 9-10dpo. Right in my zone for potential positive tests.
For the past few days I’ve been having so many shadow lines on my tests, I’m feeling really discouraged. I know it’s sill this early when I’m still in implantation range, but these shadow lines giving me hope, then producing nothing by morning are getting me down. Wonder if I’m just catching an indent just right to make a shadow, or if there’s really something there. Yesterday’s FRER was definitely pink. Do indents tend to trap dye??
On to some more waiting. If it’s not positive in 2 days, I will count myself out. But for now- I’m clinging to hope while preparing for disappointment!

user submitted image

User image

4 years ago • Edited • Post starter

Ps- thanks to all you lovely ladies hanging out and cheering me on! It’s so nice to have you to vent to when others don’t really understand the struggle. And thanks for cheering me on despite my obsessive testing and craziness

User image

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo