Community post

Journal

TTW is SO boring, but that's OK!

So I got my positive OPK on 01/07/2020. We baby danced 01/04, 01/05, and 01/08 so I'm hoping we caught the eggie! Now is the most boring time ever! After AF at least you look forward to traking ovulation, taking OPK's, baby dancing, etc. After the TWW is the excitement of POAS and praying for that BFP!

Then after ovulation, the TWW is so BORING! No more tracking of anything except counting the days until you can probably take that first test (even if it's early and you're a POAS addict)! But that's OK with me! Because I'm going to enjoy this stretch of quiet while keeping my fingers crossed. Because the possibility and probability of those tests being negative this cycle then AF showing up is going to get me down as it always does.

So... I'm enjoying the possibilites as of now, the what if's of a BFP that could still happen even though I highly doubt it. I'm enjoying the happy time of the tretcherous TTC cycle, because once those BFNs pop and AF shows, those are the not-so-happy times of this cycle that seems to never end. So, this is the boring part, but that's OK... I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts before undergoing the excitement of POAS every day until AF shows, then disappointment is they all are BFNs.

User image

14 Comments • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 14 Comments | Last Page

Ugh!! I’m right there with you! I got my peak opk night of the 7th. Yesterday morning it was still positive but by noon started to fade. I though I felt ovulation cramps around 11-noonish. My temp didn’t rise this morning as I expected, so I guess today may be O day. Couldn’t convince my hubby to BD last night, so tried this morning- but he didn’t finish... I’m feeling a bit discouraged, despite BDing 1/4-1/7. Missing the day before and day of O has never resulted in pregnancy for me... I know I’m not out- but I’m pretty down about it. And now having to wait...

User image

4 years ago

@Kahlan: It is SO frustrating when all of a sudden they are not in the mood to BD around O time! As soon as AF stops he's all about it for a few days, then when O time arrives, he seems to lose interest LOL! Maybe we shouldn't BD so much right after AF... make him wait LOL! Because now that we didn't BD the day before or the day of O, I feel discouraged as well and have a feeling I'm out this cycle.

User image

4 years ago • Post starter

I'm truly not trying to be rude, but I tell my husband these complaints and he can't believe how many guys out there are turning down dtd or not feeling like it, too tired, etc. Him and I aren't understanding this, lol. So sorry ladies, hopefully you both are surprised by

4 years ago

Ugh! Angela- I’m right there with you- I don’t understand it at all! I have a feeling my hubby has low T. Ironically- mine is high and I have an abnormally high drive.
Crystal- I’m crossing my fingers like crazy for the both of us. And I don’t think that’s a bad plan- making them hold off a bit longer. That’s what I’ve been trying to do, but I o’d 4 days later than last month, so it totally threw my scheme off
Maybe if we also try to have more in the literal phase, then they won’t be quite so starved by the time AF is over... then we can hold them off a few extra days

User image

4 years ago • Edited

Angela: I was always under the impression guys always wanted to DTD lol, so my hubby not being in the mood when I am is always hard for me and my ego lol... but the less I don't want to, the more he seems to, go figure lol
Kahlan: fingers crossed for us, too! I also have a higher drive than normal, always have. Past couple years it nosed dive from depression, but its picked back up since I've been feeling more myself again.

User image

I feel so strange because the only time I'm interested is after period till OV which isn't long. And it sucks cause when I'm I'm preggo I have like no interest. He says I only love him a few days a month, now that I've gotten what I needed from him, b-bye, lol no, I just hate it cause I wish I kept my drive for longer( sigh) lucky you guys. I think because of the short allotted time, mine takes advantage

4 years ago

Mine is a lot higher in that time frame, too. It’s like a consuming need during my fertile window. The rest of the time it isn’t as strong, but still there. I just wish I had a man that could match my drive and was a bit more spontaneous and adventurous. Right before bed in the bed can get boring after so many years..

User image

4 years ago

I'm pretty much the same way, especially high drive right before and during O time, then not so high but still willing Haha. My body knows when it's fertile and needing a baby Haha. My hubby's drive is pretty good mostly, it just seems to drop during my O days, probably because he's so sated right after AF...
Ordered my Wondfo pregnancy tests. I always wind up testing early and I'm a bad POAS addict, but I've always been able to get faint bfp around 9dpo, but I'll probably start testing Wednesday at 8dpo... I take them out of desperation to see 2 lines, it's a serious problem lol

User image

Right there with you! I plan on waiting until Friday, which is either 8 or 9dpo. In all likelihood I will start Thursday, though... I’ve have 2 pregnancies give me a vvfl at 9dpo and 1 at 10dpo... I got my stash of Pregmate tests in hopes of not spending a fortune on my POAS addiction ???? I don’t know how many hundreds of $ I’ve spent this rounds of ttc... between vitamins and supplements and tests and chiropractic adjustments... in only 5 months I’m sure it’s probably at least $500

User image

4 years ago

Oh yeah. I think this site turned me into a POAS addict. Then started opks cause of BFing? I dont know how to urinate without peeing on something lol. I'm not gonna lie, I start at 6 dpo, but I blame that on not truly know O date since I'm not temping so embarrassing to admit. Well I'll be out for your tests so you can join me on the other side

4 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo