Community post

Discussion

37 years old TTC #1 for years // Never been pregnant

Hello everyone!
I feel so alone sometimes seeing everyone in here trying for #2, #3 etc and in early ages too while I’m 37YO and never been pregnant even though I’m trying for years! I never saw those two pink lines. Not a chemical, nothing! My body just cannot do it and I feel so defeated...
I really would like to see if there is anyone in same situation as mine. I made a similar post a while ago but all ladies close to my age had at least one child or been pregnant before.. I don’t wanna be rude and I understand that going through a chemical or a miscarriage must be the worst thing in the world when ttc but for me I don’t even know if my body is a even able to get pregnant, you know? And I’m not trying for 1-2 years too... I’m trying for almost 9 years.....
Anyone on the same boat? If you’re here... I would love to hear how you cope..

User image

66 Replies • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by hugs)

1 - 10 of 66 Replies | Last Page

Alex ,
I reached out the last time you posted. I am in the same boat or very similar one. I just turned 36 at the beginning of December. This time around of TTC has been only a year and half but it's still a year and half. I have TTC over the last decade a couple of times with different partners. I have never used protection since 16 years old and I have never had two pink lines. I tell my mom all the time 20 years I have been not preventing for the reason of being a mom. Each person I have been with has gone on to have babies with other partners. I have always felt broken and I am the reason I am not pregnant. This time around I have tried 4 cycles of clomid. I ovulate on my own but doc used it to enhance it. I do not have block tubes but I have fibroids. Fiance is fine with his count and everything. He has to use a pill to get things working but they help.

I wanted to answer you on this post because this past cycle I found a book called Am I the reason am not getting pregnant? By rosanne austin it was $5.37 to download the book. I havent finished reading it yet but I'm focusing on my mind and trying to take out the toxicity of my negative thoughts and putting in positive thoughts that yes I will be a mom and my body will work. I am also listening to the fertility for the soul channel on YouTube. There is several videos on fertility mediation. I have listened to them for almost a week and half. The doctor has affirmations for each week of your cycle and improving egg quality, trusting your body and more.
I havent taken my bbt this cycle and I must say I feel less stress and I have been avoiding this site because I realized I was stressing over it when i would see others getting pregnant with their #2, #3 etc even #8th that I needed a break but for some reason i was lead to visit the site today and your post popped up. I wanted you to know you are not alone.

User image

4 years ago

Hi bug! Hopefully you’ve already ovulated! I cannot eve imagine how tiring it must this uncertainty! Fingers crossed!
I’m CD11 and a very ugly flu hit hubby and me. We haven’t BDed at all till now cuz we feel so blah.. I took an opk this morning just to start tracking my lh since I usually O at CD13. It was soooo positive I feel so anxious now. We haven’t BDed and I don’t even know if we still have time! For sure we will give it a shot today but I’m so frustrated! I didn’t see it coming.. no fertile cm or O pains as usual!

User image

4 years ago • Post starter

Hello Valentina! So glad to see you. I remember you! I really hope you’re doing well!
I don’t really know what to say tbh as this is so strange. I’m always amazed by thingS like this and personally I strongly believe in signs. For sure I won’t take this as something random because as you said we don’t know each other and we only interacted through boards in here! I remember me researching about D-aspartic acid but I’m not sure if it was you that talked to me about it. I really cannot recall what my opinion about it was but I will totally look at it again after this!
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your story with me. Means more than you know!
Again I really wish all the best to you and your family!!

User image

Bug hi! I remember you from the previous board. I wrongly assumed that like every other lady I met in here that you most probably got pregnant at some point. I am deeply sorry that you’re still like me struggling. I now know that someone, somewhere can relate and even tho I’m not at all happy you’re going this I feel less alone....
I really appreciate your mindset and for sure I’m going to try the things you suggested. I just want to be happy just the way I am and I don’t know how to do it. This TTC journey and the desire of a family has taken over my whole life...
What kind of pills did your fiancé took? Was it for count or mobility? My hubby has low mobility and doc gave us some supplements and idk if they boost his mobility cuz we havent checked it again but I didn’t got pregnant in the time frame he gave us. Also if you ovulate your own what can clomid do for you? I’m asking because I also ovulate regularly but if it’s going to help maybe I should talk to my doc.. Sorry if I’m asking to much but I just feel we have so similar stories and maybe we can help each other!

User image

4 years ago • Edited • Post starter

It's okay that you assumed that. I am glad I have made you feel less alone. Yes the desire to have a family is a desire that will just not go away. I asked a friend of mine who cant have kids how she came to terms with it. She told me that it was not easy and took longer than 5 years she said all this to me with tears in her eyes and told me I was always welcome to talk with her. She is lucky though that her husband had a child from a previous marriage and they have custody of the girl. So, that has helped her along with she is finally going to adopt her at the age of 13 years old.

As for your questions, he has low T so his part doesnt always work when needed. He is taking clomid, an estrogen blocker, and viragra. His count and mobility was fine. Just doesnt always stay hard.
The doctor told me the clomid would help with aging eggs. For maturity. I O'd earlier than I did without.
I started taking CQ10 ubiquinol last cycle as well to help with egg quality.
I also went to the chiropractor today because I have read that it could help infertility and even make infertility. The doctor told me my hips were out of alignment and that could be a factor in not getting pregnant. She is wanting me to come 2xs a week for 4 weeks. Maybe this will be the trick I need.
Let me know if any of those things help and I am here for you and glad to have one with a similar story.

User image

4 years ago

Oh bug I really hope you’ll get your Xmas miracle!! Thank you for your response and it definitely give me motive to see that someone like me don’t give up.
I’ve ordered Cq10 also along with preseed and waiting them to arrive. I saw a lady in here who had a positive test in the gallery saying it took her 8 years. I took the courage to contact her and ask if she did anything different and told me preseed so let’s hope this will do the trick.
Af came for me this morning and fortunately I feel just annoyed. Nothing like other cycles when I’m crying for hours in the bathroom. I guess I saw it coming from days ago!
I don’t know where you are cycle wise but I hope you have peace in mind and that AF will stay away!

User image

Alex, sorry she came but I'm glad you did not cry for hours. I have conceive plus but always forget to use it. Its very messy. I really need something to help get it up there instead of on the outside. It is powerful when You find stories like that. It can happen and will happen.
I always get the question. Do you not want to adopt? I do not and I have my reasons why. Do you wanna foster? I do not and I have my reasons why. But I know it will happen, just got to trust that my body will do what God has said it can do. I always feel like Hannah in the Bible. She prayed and prayed and finally received her son Samuel. But I have lost that praying part of me and I am trying to fibd it again.
I am on CD13 and I trust that my eggs are maturing and will release sooner than later. My cycle is projected to start around Jan 7th.

User image

4 years ago

Bug I love your mindset. It must been a difficult road to get there! I really wish I could just trust my body and totally believe it will happen. Once a say ok, I got this.. the very next minute I doubt my self saying I’m delusional after all this years..
I’m having everything crossed for you that you’ll ovulate healthy eggs and very soon you’ll be having the surprise you so strongly wish for! I really do wish that for you bug...

I won’t have my CQ10 or preseed before my next cycle and I’m not very happy about it but oh well... let’s hope 2020 will be our lucky year!!!

User image

Alex, I am still working on the mindset. And will be a continuous thing. I am wishing the same for you. Your miracle is going to come and I hope we get to share the experience together.

User image

4 years ago

Amen bug!
Merry Christmas if you celebrate and hopefully your little miracle is on its way

User image

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo