Community post

Question

Anyone TTC after IUD removal?

I have been on the Mirena IUD for the past eight years and my husband and I are ready to expand our family (yay!) so I just recently had it removed in September.

I had my first period since being off my birth control on 10/13 and it lasted about 4 days. I don’t know my normal cycle time off birth control bc before I had my daughter (8) I was on the pill which gave me a rough 28 day cycle time (when I remembered to take them - hence me having a daughter lol)

Anyway, I downloaded an app, have been tracking my symptoms and everything, with an average 28 day cycle time I should’ve started my period by now but I am *technically* 3 days late. I’ve had some symptoms, but not an exponential amount. I think the oddest is that usually when I PMS I have really sore, tender breasts but right now my nipples are just sensitive. Plus a lot of odd discharge. EDIT: Also cramps? Fullness and bloating feeling? I never had cramps before on my period so this was odd.

I guess my question is, how long did it take for you to conceive? Did it take a while for your cycle to get back to *normal*? I’m getting frustrated because I don’t know what’s going on with my body and I’m also impatient. Any words of encouragement or advice is much appreciated.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I’ve had 2 BFN, 1 at 10 dpo (I know early, did I mention I’m impatient?) and 1 just this morning, at 16 dpo. DPO is just a rough guess, I haven’t been taking my temp or anything just following this app.

TIA ladies!

1 Answer • 4 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

Hi there! I had skyla (the 3 year version of Mirena) for 2 years and had it removed in September 2018. My cycle went back to normal very quickly (like within a month). I got my first BFP end of December which ended up being a CP, then another BFP on 3/4/19 which was a blighted ovum that ended naturally at 7w1d and on 7/22 i got my BFP with my rainbow baby. I'm 19w5d today! However, throughout the process of TTC after IUD removal we had lots of tests and discovered I have mild PCOS. It wasn't until we treated that (with Metformin) that I was able to get an stay pregnant. I'm 41 and this is my first baby. If you don't have any underlying fertility issues, it should happen quickly for you!

My advice for you is take the app with a grain of salt. The only way to really know when you ovulate (and thus know when your period is due) is to track BBT. If you aren't tracking BBT, then you can't really say for sure if you are late, even if you are using OPK strips. Get an app that lets you record temps and then predicts your AF date (or you can use this site to record your temps, it's fairly accurate). Hopefully it won't take you too long to get back to normal and get your BFP! Good luck!

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo