Community post

Question

BBT chart

Do you think my chart has my ovulation day right, or did I ovulate 2 days later? My darkest OPK was the day after the marked ovulation day, so I’m confused.

user submitted image

User image

3 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

I would say cd 19 is more likely, especially since your temp went up and dropped back down on cd 19, and your darkest opk was the day after your chart says you ovulated.

4 years ago

I'm going with cd17. U had a positive opk the day before, that is the start of the surge. How long the surge lasts has no bearing on when or if u ovulate (save ur tests). The average woman will ovulate approximately 24-36hrs after the surge begins, with an overall window of 12-48hrs. U gotta remember, the surge starts in the blood. A urine test is only giving u a small view of what's happening. This view is very dependant on kidney function, fluid intake, test time/sensitivity etc. Some women don't process hormones well and never see a testable surge in urine, but they still ovulate. Some have multiple surges but never ovulate.
Ur temps started the climb the day after ur first positive opk, as expected, then dropped on 2dpo. That is called a fallback rise. It's very common, and happens in the 2-4dpo range. Temps fall for a day, then rise again...and usually continue an upward climb from there. The spotting would also be a good indicator. Although it can happen before/after actual O, it typically happens on O day, due to the rupture of the follicle and/or massive fluctuation of hormones. Just my 2 cents. Hopefully u catch the egg, ur bd pattern is good for either day.
Good luck! =))

4 years ago • Edited

Thank you so much ladies! I know 2 days difference is nothing in the grand scheme of things, but we all like to drive ourselves crazy during these two weeks, and 2 days is a pretty agonizing amount of time to wait to test ????????

User image

4 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo