Community post

Discussion

39yo TTC#2 Anyone else in their late 30's/early 40's TTC?

View Full Post

Looking for some buddies around my age TTC. I'm TTC my 2nd child and I think I may be pregnant, I'm about 5-6dpo so just waiting... The TWW is the worst isn't it?!

135 Replies • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by likes)

51 - 60 of 135 Replies | Last Page

Hugs BGB! Now I just gotta figure out when I’m ovulating next since my cycle has been so weird lately. Ugh

4 years ago

I'm 38. We had a tubal reversal back in March and started ttc six months ago. I'm currently 10 dpo and have been testing morning and night on my amazon cheapies. Implantation dip (even though some don't believe in it) on 7 dpo and just a little blood yesterday morning. Crossed fingers and baby dust to all!!!!!

4 years ago

Ohhh GL Misti!! Keep us updated!

4 years ago

Misti - 9dpo is the most popular day for implantation bleeding so that's a great sign! Fingers crossed for you!! And nice to meet you - welcome to our chat :)

4 years ago • Post starter

Hello all. Just wanted to chime in :)
I’m 41 and just had my 9th baby. It took us 3.5 years to get pregnant with my 2 yr old, we never had fertility issues (I was 36 when we started trying again) I had 2 chemicals and one miscarriage at 6.5 weeks so it wasn’t an easy road to travel.
We ended up using clomid with no response and finally tried Femara and got pregnant on the 2nd month! Then when she was 8months old we unexpectedly got pregnant with our baby boy (he’s now 1)
All this to say....DON’T loose hope!
I know it’s hard being older and TTC, but our bodies can do some amazing things mammas!!

4 years ago

Thank you for the encouragement!

4 years ago

10dpo now. Started out the month feeling super confident, but just not feeling it anymore :(
My temps are just as low as they were before ovulation.... I don't feel anything at all. Zero symptoms. Totally expecting af by the end of next week.
Trying not to let it get to me, but after months of this, I'm just feeling defeated.

4 years ago

Keep us updated Manders!! Fingers crossed that this is your month!!

BGB - how are you doing? I just ordered some ovulation strips so they should be here this week. What day did you start using them?? I’m kinda confused since last month I had a 32 day cycle and this month I had a 28 day cycle. Up until now I’ve always had a 28-29 day cycle so I don’t know where that 32 day one came from

4 years ago

Temps still dropping, I'm expecting af in the next day or so. Kinda just want her to show up already so we can get next month going. This was probably my hardest month yet, since I was supposed to have a newborn (mc in February)
Is anyone taking progesterone as well? I'm just wondering if that would benefit me since I seem to have a short LP and consistently low temps. I have progesterone that I'm supposed to be taking after I get a bfp - but I can't seem to get that.
This month will also mark the 1 year point in our TTC journey. Hurry up body & cooperate already!

4 years ago

Welcome blessedx7 - thanks for chiming in and for the moral support - can always us more positive vibes!! So happy for you and your family!! How do you do it with 9 children?! How do you go places or go on vacation? Not judging at all, just super curious how larger families operate!

asparrow - don't give up hope! It's not over til af shows up!! So many women I've chatted with think they're out and then BAMMMM BFP! Crossing my fingers for your + this month!! Xo

Manders83 - same for you - you never know!!! Positive thoughts your way and big virtual hug! TTC is definitely not easy!! We are here for you! I had two miscarriages and after my last one in Dec 2017, when I tried to get pregnant again I took it into my own hands. I researched A LOT on my own and I decided I wanted to try taking progesterone. I ordered some natural progesterone (Emerita I think it's called) and I started using it right after ovulation up until my bfp or af. When I got my BFP last April, I continued to use it til I was 20 weeks and now I have my baby boy who will be one next month! Coincidence - maybe, but my gut tells me it was the progesterone. When I Had my two miscarriages I had low progesterone. The first pregnancy they put me on progesterone pills twice daily but I think it was too late. And my second miscarriage, I asked to be put on progesterone and the dr said there was no need and it's not proven to help women not miscarry etc. etc. So, like I said I took matters into my own hands and did it and now I have my rainbow baby. Same thing happened to one of my good friends - she had two miscarriages and the emerita seemed t help her too or it's another coincidence. I'm not a dr. and I did ask my dr. if she thought it was okay that I planned to use the cream - she said if it made me feel better it was fine to use it but that it's not scientifically proven to help women not miscarry. My progesterone continued to go up, never dropped even .1 so to me, it worked. And like I said, I only used it up until I was 20 weeks because then your placenta takes over. So for my successful pregnancy I used Evening primrose oil capsules at bedtime once a night from CD1 til I got positive opk, then once I got positive opk I waited til line was light and then I started using the emerita cream 2x a day - in am and at night (I followed the dosing chart - you have to up the amount of cream every so often).

Hi Swga - I usually start using opk wondfo strips at day 9, I do once a day til it starts to get almost as dark as control line, then I start peeing on them like 3-5 times a day to see when I get the actual positive and I keep testing til it goes light again. Good luck catching that egg!!!! I usually have a 27 day cycle and I almost ALWAYS get my blaring positive opk on CD14, so I assume I ovulate around CD15.

4 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo