Community post

Discussion

TTC 8 months now...feeling down

My husband and I have been ttc for 8 months now. For most of the tww’s that I’ve gone through I’ve managed to keep pretty calm and not worry or think about it too much. Figure the less stress the better so I keep myself busy. But this one’s different...this past Sunday, 8dpo, I woke up with a really strange discomfort/warm feeling in my lower abdomen. It lasted all day, getting a little more intense in the afternoon, and then fading. Now on 10dpo I still feel it, just much milder but always kind of there, although it kind of subsides if I’m moving around a lot. I want to say it’s cramps, but not quite like period cramps. And I don’t usually get them consistently a whole week before af is due. I almost never test but broke down and did today...bfn. Also we only managed to BD once this cycle(busy week) the day before O. Now I feel silly for getting my own hopes up, and even worse, my DH. Who every time I mention something about how I’m feeling says, “maybe it’s the baby..” I don’t have any other symptoms other than lacking energy and motivation. But I’ve also been fighting a cold for the last week and a half. Idk, is anyone else in the same boat?

4 Replies • 4 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Don’t stress about only BDing once. It only takes 1 good swimmer! Also I got a bfn at 10dpo and a bfp at 12dpo I’m now 10 weeks! You aren’t out until AF shows. I know it’s hard but try to stay positive! Good Luck

4 years ago

Thanks ellaeddings11. Sometimes it helps to just have a positive word from someone who’s been there. I have two more tests so I’ll try to save them. Also on your bfp!! Gives me hope.

4 years ago • Post starter

Women start experiencing pregnancy symptoms around 6 weeks of pregnancy. Any symptom before your period could be PMS or your body just being your body. Another thing, pregnancy symptoms = PMS symptoms

I'm not saying this to crush your hopes. I'm just being real with you. In my last TWW I experienced what I thought were for sure symptoms of pregnancy until I read something similar on another TWW board. Sure enough AF showed up right on time. I was simply experiencing PMS.

That said, good luck and hope you get a BFP soon. I know that the TTC journey can be quite stressful.

4 years ago

I’ve always had pms symptoms, that’s part of why I’ve tried to stay relaxed during the tww and not read into everything I’m feeling. But that sudden warm sensation lasting for several days totally threw me. That’s not usual. AF was due today but hasn’t shown yet. I feel like it’s about to, so it probably will tomorrow. Now I’m just annoyed that my body is playing mind games with me.

4 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo