Community post

Question

Second LH Surge at 8dpo CD17. Do you think I ovulated late or not at all

I thought I would try to test for the whole cycle because I thought that I might have PCOS. My cycles have been anywhere from 25 days to 26 to 29 the shortest one was 24 days. sometimes my period will come 3 days early or 4 days late, also 'm not sure what my Luteal phase is, it could be 17-20 days. Not sure if that's a bad thing or not. I'm on CD23 today and for the last 7 days I have been getting High readings on Clearblue OPKS. Just wanted to see what others thought might be going on. I don't have anything other then sore boobs which started on the same day as my second surge CD17 at 8dpo.

user submitted image

UPDATE   Today is CD24 and I'm still getting a High reading on Clearblue OPK sticks. My temp went up a bit today 98.76. I just don't know what to think. Every time I think it could be something it's not, so I don't want to jump to anything this time. It's just weird to see the surge this late and for that long. Not having any symptoms other than sore boobs, gassy a lot today, and a little nausea that doesn't last long. Anyway I have one stick left so I guess I will just have to see what tomorrow brings.

10 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 10 Answers

Have you taken a pregnancy test?

Mill

4 years ago

No I haven't, I don't want to get my hopes up. going to see what Clearblue and temps read in the AM.
Thank you for the reply.

4 years ago • Edited • Post starter

Chart from today CD24 15DPO

user submitted image

4 years ago • Post starter

Are you using the clear blue digital OPK -- the one that does flashing and solid smiley faces? If yes...i have heard that once you get a High reading, it keeps giving you a high reading until it registers a Peak (you are supposed to throw it away after you get the peak). Therefore, if you missed your Peak at the time you ovulated, then you could still be testing and getting High readings (even though your estrogen is not really high). If that's the case then you're wasting your OPK tests. I hope that helps a little bit. I have PCOS - so i know it's frustrating. Your chart looks pretty good tho.

4 years ago

Yes I am using the clear blue digital one. I got a peak on CD9 and I wanted to keep testing and see what happens, the only day I couldn't test was the day after the first peak. I got lows for 6 days after the peak, and Highs for 8 days now. I just wanted to make sure I really ovulated on CD9. I will test with wondfo test strips next cycle. Thank you for the reply

4 years ago • Edited • Post starter

I would really take a pregnancy test! Your chart looks pretty convincing. As for the high readings on the OPKs, this could be because you’re pregnant, or it could be an lh surge before AF. Your temps do confirm ovulation (I would say O was possibly as late as CD 12 based on temps). OPKs aren’t really going to help you out much at this point. They don’t distinguish between hcg and lh, so this is why some people claim that OPKs can be used as hpts. However, with my pregnancies, an HPT always showed a faint positive before my OPK was truly positive again. I understand you’re afraid of being disappointed, but really a pregnancy test is going to tell you more at this point. According to fertility friend, 12dpo is the average day for a first BFP. Looks like you’ve waited a good amount of time. Anyway GL whenever you do decide to test

4 years ago

Also yes, PCOS can throw off OPKs and cause high readings when you’re not ovulating, but your temps do confirm ovulation around CDs 9-12.

4 years ago

Thank you. I thought that about CD12 also, but the opk was low on that day. I will just wait and see. I don't want to test because i have taken test when i was four days late before and got BFN. Thank you again for your reply.

How’s your chart looking? Just checking in

4 years ago

Got period on the 24th so I must have ovulated around CD9 or 12, but it was low on the test on CD12. Thank you for checking in that's very nice of you.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo