Community post

Question

Conflicting test results!

Hi ladies, I was hoping for some insight here. I am currently on the pill, so I don’t consistently get a period. I randomly took a cheapie 88 cent pregnancy test a few days ago because I was going to drink some wine and just wanted to be sure. To my surprise it came back faintly positive. That same day I took another cheapie and it was negative. I waited a few days and then I took a first response yesterday afternoon around 6pm and got a faint but obvious positive. Today, I took another first response and A clear blue and they were both negative again! I am so confused as to what is going on. Chemical pregnancy? Too early to pick up a consistent amount of hcg?? False positive? If anyone has had a similar experience please let me know! I’m going crazy

Since I’m on the pill, I can’t say what DPO I am or if my period is late. So it makes the situation even trickier.

3 Answers • 26 days ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

I’m not sure I can help but I’m in a similar boat. I stopped taking the pill 4 weeks ago and have been getting faint positives on eBay tests but negative on any other tests. I’m assuming the tests I have been using are giving false positives??

26 days ago

I’m sorry you’re having the same problem! I wish we could just get a straight forward yes or no! Maybe our only option is to just wait it out. It’s so hard not to test like crazy

26 days ago • Post starter

I don’t have a 100% fullproof answer on that as I’m kinda going through the same thing. I stopped my birth control pills last month to start ttc. Have been getting very faint positives with frer but nothing on cheapies . Very disheartening. ???? but I do know frer are very sensitive compared to other brands so I’m just hoping ???????? Going to the store to buy more today, as I haven’t tested since Saturday.

24 days ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo