Community post

Question

First cycle with Clomid

Hey ladies!
This is my first cycle using Clomid. I will be starting it cd5 and am currently on cd1. My question is when are you supposed to ovulate after finishing the clomid? Is it right away or a few days? Just trying to figure out our timing for this month!!

Thanks ladies!!

User image

3 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

In my experience my follicles were ready around day 12 but I had to take a shot to help releasing them as at day 14 I didn't naturally. The times that I didn't use that help, not sure when I ovulated but my cycles were a little longer than usual.

4 years ago

Everyone is different when it comes to how the body reacts to drugs, but the average is 5-10 days after the last pill. I did quite a few clomid cycles over the years, and my ovulation was typically 7 or 8 days after my last dose. U probably won't have much of an issue determining when O time is, because u will most likely feel those ovaries working. If possible, start bd'ing on cd9 or 10, and aim to do that every other day til ur confident ovulation has occurred. Opk's will help u figure things out a bit, but don't start using those until 3 days after the last pill becuz clomid can cause false positives. Grab some fertility-friendly lube (pre-seed is good) also, clomid tends to dry up cm.
Good luck! =))

4 years ago

I took clomid to conceive my first. My OB had me take it days 5-9 of my cycle. OB said I’d ovulate 5-7 days after taking the last pill. On cycle day 19 I had to go for a progesterone test, to see if I ovulated.

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo