Community post

Success story

Timing is everything!

I wanted to share my success story because I loved reading people's stories on here when I was TTC the first time and I'm an example of it taking time even with no fertility issues.

DH and I started TTC March 2017. I had been off BC since October 2016 but we were just having fun before March. I loaded up on OPKs and internet cheapies and read every article on this website. My cycles have always been really regular and I come from a very fertile family so I was convinced we would get pregnant right away. I started getting worried when I never got a positive OPK. I tested religiously multiple time a day starting at CD 5 for 3 months and the test line never got darker. I saw a doctor and got a hormone test which showed everything was normal. So I decided to try tracking my BBT. That month, DH and I were only able to BD once due to busy schedules. I was panicking that we hadn't been able to give ourselves a better chance, but the next morning I got a temp spike, meaning I had ovulated the very day we BDed. We unintentionally had perfect timing.

At 5 dpo my breasts started feeling very tender, something completely abnormal for me. My breasts were tender that entire week. I was planning on testing at 14 dpo but the breast tenderness made me test at 11 dpo. The line I got was so faint that when I posted it here everyone said it was negative! Within a few days I had a clear positive! That little one is now 19 months old and we're gearing up to start trying for #2! My story is proof that it literally only takes once at the perfect time to get pregnant. It took 4 months to figure out the right timing but when we did we had success! Baby dust to everyone!

0 Comments • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo