Community post

Question

Depo injection, whats the truth?

I have been on the depo for a year, so I've had 4 shots. I have been reading online lots of conflicting information about it wearing off. I do believe it takes 3 months from the last injection to dissipate but I've just read a post claiming that it takes 3 months per injection so in my case it would take 1.5 years for my body to be free of the injection? Really?? I'm doing a liver cleanse i'm due my next injection this week but i'm not getting it. My husband and i would like to try add to our family.

Age is against us i'm nearly 38 and he is 42 but before the depo we were very fertile we had 4 pregnancies so i'm hoping to be lucky enough again.

Good luck to everyone trying x

1 Answer • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

I was on depo for about 6 years. When I decided to get off, it was May of 2015. My last shot was in March and I simply didn’t go back for another one. I’m military so I went on deployment and finally got my cycle in August and when I arrived back home in December, the first time trying for baby, I was lucky. So for me having that period to regulate was important so you know the thickness of the medicine that blocks the cervix thinned out. So no, it’s not true but it does take your body sometime for that “blockage” the meds caused to wear off. For me, it took 3 months from May or about 5 months from last injection. Hope this helps

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo