Community post

Question

Two Gestational Sacs?

In my recent six week ultrasound, we saw what looked like two gestational sacs, only one with a yolk sac. Our tech said she was leaning towards a "no" for twins because the second sac was smaller and appeared empty. If it wasn't a second gestational sac, what could it have been? Is there anything else that shows up on scans that looks like a gestational sac, but isn't?

2 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

I would talk to your Dr. The tech can’t really know for sure. Also, 6 weeks is so early—it’s still possible it could be twins but one is a little behind. I had an extra membrane visible near my 1st daughter’s gestational sac at 8 weeks. My doctor thought there might have been a twin in the beginning that didn’t develop. The good news my dr said was that my daughter had her own sac so it was unlikely the membrane would affect her. The membrane wasn’t visible at my 12 week scan. I’ll never know really. In your case sounds like you’ve got at least one bean doing well in there. Hope you get answers

4 years ago

I've had two sacs wit all of my single child pregnancies n nothing was wrong or anything but I also had twins one time too so I wouldn't worry bout it but watch it n if nothing appears later on just know u have a extra sac cux during labor I couldn't dilate any further till they broke my sec sac of water wit both of those pregnancies

4 years ago • Edited

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo