Community post

Discussion

Morning vs Afternoon Testing

I know almost everywhere you read, it suggests you use FMU when testing...especially when testing early. But in my experience, it’s the opposite. I’ve tested 3x this cycle...I got a vvfp at 7dpo on an frer and on 8dpo a Walmart cheapie (both in the afternoon). I took a Walmart cheapie this morn at 11dpo and it’s so faint it looks more neg than pos. I’ve had this happen a few times now on this ttc journey where my afternoon test is way more positive than my morning tests. Any thoughts or similar experiences?

Paige

7 Replies • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by laughs)

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

I usually test best in the evening!

User image

4 years ago

Good to know. Thanks for replying. I’m thinkin I just don’t fall into the FMU is best group. Glad to know I’m not alone.

Paige

4 years ago • Post starter

Seems to be a lot of people in that group!
For instance, I got my BFP at night this time round. Took another test next morning and thought I was having a chemical because the line was super faint. Was sad all day, and then when I got home and tested the line was darker than the night before! I don’t know what causes it...

User image

4 years ago

Hi there. Actually if you go here on this site at the “pregnancy tests” section and choose “pregnancy test vs urine” you will see a chart which give you percentages of the dime of the day and the dpo and you can see that late evening urine sample usually give you a higher percentage to see a bfp which is very interesting.

User image

4 years ago

That gives me hope Erised87! And good to know Alexplpl ima check it out now!!

Paige

4 years ago • Post starter

They only say use morning urine cuz its less diluted and easier to detect but this only meas wait four or five hours without drinking anything before testing which usually is easier if u just test wit morning urine but its all bout ur hcg levels being less or easier detected due to dilution ect

4 years ago

I'm a little bit excited temp would drop today and I would spot. No spotting. But temp rise

user submitted image

God Bless

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo