Community post

Question

Iui

I'm having my first assisted iui cycle with Letrozole next week. I had my day 9 scan today and have 2 follicles at 14mm and 1 at 12mm. Both look promising so I have another scan on Monday lunchtime to see if they are at least 18mm. As this is an iui cycle I've been told not to have sex until they tell me, but when I did timed intercourse two cycles ago with Gonal-F I was told to just have lots of sex. I don't understand.

We need to do it tomorrow as hubby can't abstain too long before the procedure which could be Tuesday, so I'm thinking we should just go for it without protection to give ourselves some extra chance.

Has anyone done the same 'against' the nurses instructions??

Thanks!

User image

9 Answers • 4 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Answers

I'm guessing maybe they want his count to be ok? But Ibwould assume that if there were no issues with his goodies then it shouldn't be a problem. I would think anyways. I've had 1 IUI before and they didn't tell me not to have extra sex? Lol we did abstain for 3 days because of motility issues and wanted the best count.

Mill

4 years ago

OK brilliant! Yes count is OK. I think it's because they are trying to prevent multiples but I don't have that many follicles so I'm thinking it's OK xx

User image

4 years ago • Post starter

Any news? I was waiting for an update yesterday

Mill

4 years ago

Ahh! Well I went for the scan yesterday as Friday they were still small, and they still aren't quite ready I have 3 follicles - 16mm, 15mm and 13mm. Back again tomorrow for another scan and then hopefully I can have my trigger shot and plan for the iui on Thursday.

This is getting a little stressful! Still no peak on my opk and High on Clear Blue still xx

User image

Femara can prolong things

Mill

4 years ago

@scuba just let the doctors monitor they are skilled and trained at this, so don't worry or stress let them do all the leg work. they know when you about to O that why they are done scans and estrogen test.

I'm 10DPO since my IUI and I go in for blood work this Friday, I'm excited for you wishing us both the best of luck!!!

4 years ago

@mommy eeeek! So exciting! Well I just had a strong opk. Not quite there but I think tomorrow I could Peak! Top was this morning, and bottom is tonight. My follicle scan is at 12pm so I'll keep you all posted! xx

user submitted image

User image

@scuba awesome can't wait to hear the news you receive. let's both keep each other in the loop since we enduring the same process.

4 years ago

@scuba how was the appointment?

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo