Community post

Journal

IUI

It has been a tough two weeks. The euphoria of getting a positive digital pregnancy test to the crashing emotional fall when I saw the two lines fade and knew it was all over. Blood test on the Monday showed an hcg level of 9 progesterone 25. By the Thursday it was 1. And then I started bleeding. Nothing like i've experienced before. Extremely heavy - not what I expected for such an early pregnancy loss. Made it all a lot harder. But we had to make a decision with this cycle pretty quick as we had been waiting to start our IUI. I had to book a baseline scan on day 2, so we decided to go for it!

I'm hoping what i've read everywhere that you are more fertile after a loss will help us conceive again. I knew we couldn't do it in September as we are away during crutial weeks. I feel emotionally ready to try, so £1250 lighter we have started.

Baseline scan on day 2 looked good. Started Letrozole for 5 days which I finished yesterday. Side effects so far is very swollen feet. Second scan booked for CD9. OPKs not positive yet (CD7) so I'm hoping they don't turn positive before Friday to give my follicles time to grow a bit.

Based on how they look will depend on when the IUI is scheduled for. Fingers crossed for early next week.

AND I've made a big resolve and promise to myself. I WILL NOT TEST EARLY! The only test I'm going to have is the blood test at the end if my AF hasn't turned up. And only then will I used a pregnancy test just to see those two lines. I've packed all my stockpiled tests away so I'm not tempted. I do not want to know if I'm pregnant just to lose it again. xxx

User image

45 Comments • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Comments (sorted by hugs)

1 - 10 of 45 Comments | Last Page

Update! We had our second scan on Friday which showed quite a few follicles but not quite there. A repeat scan on Monday and they have improved but I still hadn't had my surge so they asked me back today. This morning I got a Peak and a positive opk! Another shows I've already ovulated 1 follicle but I have 3 more close! Lining currently 9mm too which is great!

Trigger shot Ovidrel was taken at 2.30pm and the iui is scheduled for 11.30am tomorrow morning! xx

user submitted image

User image

4 years ago • Post starter

hey 2 scuba I just did my IUI for the 4th time this past Saturday so GL. we can bounce questions off one another and hopefully I can answer some of your questions since this is my 5th IUI I conceived with my daughter on the 1st try 8 years ago.GL

4 years ago

@mommy good luck! Thank you! I'll have tons of questions for sure! xx

User image

Wow
That's not even 24 hrs after trigger

Mill

4 years ago

I think it's because I might ovulate on my own since one had already gone! xx

User image

I think they did my iui too late. I went in on Friday already having had a positive opk that day. Then they had me trigger that evening and the iui was Sunday. I think I o'd that Saturday and it was too late on Sunday. If I only knew then what I know know I would have made them do it on Saturday. My follicles were both at 22mm on Friday.

Mill

4 years ago • Edited

hey you don't want some of your stock pile of test ill take them haha I'm just kidding. Good luck though. I'll put you in my prayers

God Bless

4 years ago

Thank you! xx

User image

@millbarnet I know I was gutted when they said I'd ovulated already. I was thinking what's the point in all this! xx

User image

Scuba did you BD on your own?

4 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo