Community post

Question

So confused..faint BFP then nothing!

I’m not sure what to think really. Yesterday I posted a pregnancy test I took that had a faint but pink positive line. That was very late at night and I couldn’t pop out for a second one until morning. So I tested again today and nothing. But I still have yesterday’s test and to me it looks like a very obvious positive! Any opinions would be lovely!

user submitted image

1 Answer • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

Three possible theories (in order of my belief)
1. You may have higher concentration of HCG later in the day, like me. Exact same thing happened to me first couple of days but I’m 8 weeks tomorrow. I always had much darker lines at night, although blood tests show my HCG was more than quadrupling every three days.
2. It could be a chemical pregnancy where there is attempted implantation but it doesn’t stick. I’ve had two of these this year, don’t be too disheartened if this happens. I got pregnant the cycle after a chemical and this one’s definitely sticky.
3. It could be a fault with the test. I hear some people are having similar issues with FRER tests.

I hope it will be the first option for you!

User image

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo