Community post

Question

HCG Test Confusion please Help

Hi Ladies! I am new here. Please advise.

I am 16 /17 dpo today. I have mild PCOS and this longer cycles of 30 - 33 days.
My last AF (Aunt Flo - menstruation/period) was on July 15. I am sure I ovulated on 02 / 03 Aug as I checked with OPK.
I was all crampy, had sore nips had pinching /pulling sensation on 14 and 15 August. Have had nausea and increase bowel movements since then.
Tested on 18 Aug morning and could see a faint line so did a Beta HCG which came out to be only 6.8.

I am very confused. I got another beta HCG Test done today and but result is only 7.8. only 1 point increased ??

Is it bad????

user submitted image

TTC #1

6 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by informative)

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

Hi! I’ve heard that a slow-rising HCG may mean this one isn’t sticking as it should. I’ve had two chemicals this year and the tests barely had faint lines and then they started to fade. You might just have to wait a couple more days and see what happens... sorry I can’t be any more help!

User image

4 years ago

They say your HcG should double every 2-3 days, going off that, you should have had a level of 10+. That said, it's early days still. Will you be having another blood draw in a few days?

<a href=

4 years ago

We'll have appointment with my doc now. Let's see what he suggests! I just hope for a miracle to keep the baby sticky and healthy

TTC #1

4 years ago • Post starter

Got AF. Doc said could be CP

TTC #1

I’m sorry to hear that. If it’s any help to you I conceived after my second chemical cycle and am now 7.5 weeks. If you feel up to it and ready, good luck next cycle!

User image

4 years ago

Thank you for sharing that.
I am taking this CP positively as atleat I know I can convince normally!
Hoping to conceive this month. ????

TTC #1

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo