Community post

Journal

I conceived on my first try.. but I’m spotting how common is it?

So my partner and I started trying officially this month and boom I got my bfp today at 15dpo.. period was due today.. my partner was convinced he was sterile but he obviously knows he isn’t now.. his emotions were completely all over the place.

I took the test in a public bathroom because I couldn’t wait the hour until I was home, however half an hour later I used the bathroom and noticed some spotting.. it’s stopped now but I’m scared as I can’t remember ever having any implantation bleeding with any of my other pregnancies.. should I email my doctor about it or wait it out.. no cramping and it was a tiny amount on the panty liner which I wore Incase Aunt Flo showed today..

user submitted image

1 Comment • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Comments

Hiya,
Congratulations! A nice strong positive line there. That on its own is a good sign!
I have spotted with both pregnancies. I have a two year old and will be seven weeks along with our second tomorrow.
Your cervix is very vascular, and within the first few weeks it’s easy to irritate, which can cause spotting/brown or pink discharge. I spotted a couple of weeks back after a difficult bowel movement.
It also can be some of the lining being disturbed as the egg burrows in further, my doctor likened it to a “knitting” process.
I know it’s scary when it happens, but early spotting is very common and does not indicate there is something wrong unless it’s fresh (red) blood and more than just spots.
Best of luck!

User image

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo