Community post

Discussion

Low hcg outcomes?

I’m feeling a bit bleak about my outcome with my situation. I got a faint positive pregnancy test 3 days ago, the day after I started having spotting. Went to the doctors yesterday and she said my hcg is only 5 but I’m around 11-13dpo and she said this is in normal range and it’s the doubling that matters so she’s testing again on Monday. I’ve had a missed miscarriage before and I just can’t see a good outcome on this one. What’s throwing me is my tests are darker each morning. Any similar experience?

5 Replies • 4 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

I’m afraid the best thing to do is wait for that new blood test. If your tests are getting darker then don’t give up yet. Do you have any progression pics?

User image

4 years ago

Yeah I’m the worst at waiting. I think I know deep down it’s not going to work out though. 18 months of trying so I’m heartbroken. No pictures yet but I’ll take some tomorrow when I test again x

4 years ago • Edited • Post starter

I do wish you the best of luck. I’ve had two chemicals this year and I know they’re just awful, I’m 5w2d now and because of the chemicals I managed to convince myself this one wasn’t working either, until I got the second bloods back. I hope that this one does work out for you - darkening tests is a good sign, hopefully it was just early hence the low HCG.
It’s such a hard road. I hope the path smoothes out for you.

User image

4 years ago

Thank you so much. I wish the same to you! What was your first hcg if you don’t mind me asking? My doctor was optimistic about mine but I’ve read enough online over the years to know better X

4 years ago • Post starter

It was 38, and that was perhaps 4 days after my first positive. Three days later it was 176 so she was happy with that.

User image

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo