Community post

Question

Ugghhh... help! So constipated!

Aside from fibre supplements, water and fruit... is there anything I can do?

User image

10 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 10 Answers

Keep in mind the reason it is happening is because your body is slowing down the intestins to maximize nutrients absorption so it is a good thing for baby even though it is really uncomfortable (i’m In the same boat). I think a healthy diet is what helps the most. If you maximize the stuff your body needs in the food you eat, your digestion may not need to be slowed down as much. Just a theory though! Hang in there!

4 years ago

Take a magnesium supplement daily, it will help with digestion without making ur intestinal tract lazy or dependant (like laxatives do). Stay at 400mg or less and aim for a more bioavailable version. I prefer magnesium malate, but there are other versions that are good as well. Just make sure to avoid magnesium oxide. It is the cheapest version but tends to wreak havoc on the stomach and intestines.
Good luck! =))

4 years ago

Pure orange juice or prune juice is good for constipation. Hope you get sorted soon x

4 years ago

I second a magnesium supplement.

4 years ago

I also highly recommend magnesium supplement. Magnesium oxide to be exact. Magnesium citrate is better for cramping.

4 years ago

Prunes or prune juice,

4 years ago

AngelGurl I love prunes! You just made my day.

User image

4 years ago • Post starter

Thank you for the magnesium suggestion ladies. I’ve been taking it for a week and am now able to go nearly every day without pain or struggle!!

User image

4 years ago • Post starter

Yay!

4 years ago

I’ve had bad stomach mostly constipated since 2011 after my gallbladder removal..what i do is i drink one hot cup of water with a teaspoon of raw honey..drink it on empty stomach before u have breakfast..it’s not gonna fix ur problem right away but keep drinking it everyday..and it’ll start helping u..also there’s absolutely no side effect to this..it has helped me so much i drink it every morning religiously!

User image

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo