Community post

Journal

New cycle - next steps

So I've picked myself up from the disappointment of the last failed cycle. This next cycle is supposed to be our last assisted cycle so we decided to go for a second opinion and try a new clinic. Well we are so pleased we did. The doctor was lovely. We said we didn't want to go the ivf route and he said that my egg count is so low it actually wouldn't be a viable option for us as we probably wouldn't generate enough good quality eggs. But he said our best shot is an assisted iui cycle. It's £1250. Plus medication Letrozole to stimulate my ovaries. But we also need hiv and hep b screening before we can start so basically we can't start until September cycle. I've had mine all come back clear so hubby just needs his done and then we start.

So this cycle is back on our own while we wait. I'm currently CD4 and my AF is almost over. Nurse said to start Ovulation testing from CD8 and sex every other day on all High days and everyday on the Peak days plus 3 days in a row. So we shall give it another go before we go for the iui. I don't know what to expect. Very nervous but also a little sad that the doctor confirmed my low egg count is the problem.

Hubby said if it doesn't work at least we've tried everything and know that we at leas tried. And of course that's not to say we won't fall naturally again but chances will be slim. xx

User image

35 Comments • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 35 Comments | Last Page

Im nre to the ovulatiom test strips n wjen i should coordinate sex with them will u run that by me plx thamks ahead for ur help amd anu other advice

4 years ago

Hey Desiree, so you use the ovulation tests every day usually starting from day 8 of your cycle. You will always see two lines. But you need to keep testing until the second line is as dark or darker than the control line. Keep having sex every day for 3-4 days once you see that positive. If you also do your temps you will see a rise which will confirm if you have ovulated. Good luck! x

User image

4 years ago • Post starter

I hoping you womt even need the IUI and that it just happens in this next couple months!

Mill

4 years ago

Thanks @millbarnet! Me too! xx

User image

Update from me. On Sunday I had this weird spotting and Monday morning after a bm it was bright red just on the tissue. I immediately thought maybe it was implantation bleeding. I even had a temp dip at the same time. Popped a pad on but nothing for the rest of the day. My temps have high but the biggest symptom is my breasts really really hurt and have definitely increased in size! I thought last two months it was because of the meds but I'm not on anything this cycle while we wait to start our assisted iui. Anyway this morning I broke my resolve not to test until next Wednesday.... 9dpo fmu - This shadow line appeared at exactly 5 mins when you are meant to look at a Clinical Guard test! It's there for sure! After looking at enough stark white ones last month this is there! Fingers crossed it turns into something stronger. Eeeek!!!! xx

user submitted image

User image

Another test after a 4 hour hold! xxx

user submitted image

User image

I c it faint but there good luck

4 years ago

I c it faint but there good luck

4 years ago

How exciting! Think it's time to get an frer!

Mill

4 years ago

@millbarnet @desiree thank you! I have an FRER ready for the morning! xxx

User image

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo