Community post

Question

Started bleeding today 16dpo

I have had 2 positive FRER tests. I am 16dpo today and have started bleeding, unsure if it's implantation, AF or a chemical pregnancy.
My period is usually darker in colour. Sorry if TMI with pic, but is there any chance this could be implantation bleeding? X

user submitted image

11 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 11 Answers | Last Page

If you already had positive tests then it isn't implantation. Unfortunately it sounds more like a chemical at this point. Usually bleeding after a positive test isn't a good thing. I would suggest going to your doctor.

User image

4 years ago

I’m so sorry, it doesn’t look too promising. I agree with Shay - I had a look at your test and that was a very faint positive for 14DPO.
I’ve just had two like this myself, including one last month. I’m now pregnant again at 10DPO but my tests so far are much stronger. I hope it works out for you soon and you get a sticky one! I would love to be wrong but don’t want to give false hope.

User image

4 years ago

Hey honey i hope everything works out for you. Unfortunately, most of us have been where you are now. I was wondering, do you BBT? Because if you do, you would know if AF was on her way because your temp would have dropped or will soon drop below coverline. Also you could try testing again to see if your lines are getting darker or lighter. Try to test with the same brand at the same time of day (first morning urine for example) with 24 hours between tests. Good luck!!

4 years ago

Thanks all. I miscarried in feb at 7 weeks and it started like this so i sort of knew, but didn't want to believe it either. Better luck next month. :) xx

4 years ago • Post starter

So bleeding and cramping seems to have stopped completely, lasting just over 24 hours. Shouldn't it last alot longer?! My miscarriage in feb lasted a week? X

I would call your dr and ask for blood draw. Could be ib, how did you confirm o? Maybe you o'd later than you thought? I hope this has a happy ending for you....fingers crossed.

4 years ago

Thank you, I monitor my ovulation through dip strips currently. I did get a positive ovulation strip on 9th july when I had unprotected sex.

Keep a close eye on it. I've had 2 ruptured ectopic already and this is how it happened for me. Very faint tests. Slow hcg rise. Bleeding like a period even though faint positives. Be careful.

4 years ago

The bleeding has completely stopped and lasted just under 48 hours. It was only heavy for about 2 hours then light brown discharge after. I'm tempted to do another test as it was no where near as heavy as AF or nothing lile my early miscarriage in feb.

Please keep us posted. Sticky vibes.????????

4 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo