Community post

Question

Positive Hpt but negative blood test?

I had a positive frer Hpt but my quantitative blood test only detected 3miu/ml that day.

I’m very confused. I showed the hpt line to my OB and she seen it too, so she ordered the first blood draw. It came back as only 3miu/ml!!! I have another draw coming up on Monday. Since the blood test yesterday, my HPTs have gotten darker. Anyone have experience with a similar situation?

user submitted image

1 Answer • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by informative)

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

That’s interesting, you’ll have to keep us updated! I’ve never heard of that. I hope that your future tests turn out higher numbers!
One thing my endo told me when I got a faint positive hpt (I was not pregnant) recently was that sometimes if your TSH (I think that’s the hormone she mentioned) is high you can get some cross reactivity and a positive on a test. Maybe if the numbers don’t go up she can have blood work done to check your thyroid out.
Hope all is well! Good luck to you!

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo