Community post

Discussion

Let’s do this TWW together!

View Full Post

Hi ladies! I’m currently going through my first two week wait in this whole, crazy TTC adventure and it is killingggggggg meeeeee. I though I had ovulated two days ago, but had some serious ovulation pain last night so now I’m in limbo, assuming I’m 1DPO - Wondfo tests ordered and being delivered on the 19th so no doubt I will be testing all the way up until AF or a pos test (because I’m the first to admit I have ZERO self control)!
I figured it would be a good idea to gather ladies in the same boat so we can check with each other and give words of encouragement however this cycle goes!

Mama D TTC #2 User image

108 Replies • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

61 - 70 of 108 Replies | Last Page

@Crams - congrats! We are the same age and i've been following your story. I also recently start 1500 mg of metformin. Is that the only thing that you have changed to get your BFP? So excited for you -- huge contrats!

4 years ago

Congrats to those that have gotten their BFP!!! I am so excited for you ladies!!

AFM: I believe I am officially out. Temps are dropping and seeing nothing but bfn. Hopefully I will see a true ovulation this next cycle!

user submitted image

User image

4 years ago

@shay have you heard about using softcups (now softdisc) to conceive? If I’m out this cycle I’ll be using them in the next one and apparently it helps significantly! I can try to find the blog that introduced me to it if you want!

Mama D TTC #2 User image

4 years ago • Post starter

@lissa had to hop on the computer instead of phone. So much easier this way. LOL

I had been on metformin before but when I got upped to 2250 mg I stopped after a bit cause it was upsetting my stomach and causing too many bathroom issues. When I saw this new OBGYN a few weeks ago he recommended I stay at the 1500 mg metformin instead. So CD1 this cycle I religiously took them, maybe missed one dose so far, but that's it. He ran my TSH and said that looked ok. It has been the lowest I've seen it since even before 22 mo old was born.

Only real difference I guess is that we have been more relaxed as oldest daughter was out of the house this past almost month. She had gone down to basic but didn't make it and is getting a medical discharge and coming home I guess tomorrow I found out. So we had been more relaxed with bd'ing. Our 22 month old sleeps with us and she also still breastfeeds a lot so it has made bd'ing just at night when she falls asleep. But has been so much easier with oldest daughter out of the house otherwise we hear "you're scarring me for life cause I can hear you having sex" UGH New ground rules when she comes home regarding that too. 18 year olds..I tell ya.

Got about 10 days of ewcm this cycle. Had sex 6/30, 7/3, 7/5, and 7/7. Got positive opt 7/7. So figured ovulated either 7/7 evening or 7/8.

Don't know if any of that helps? If anything else comes to mind I'll let you know. I know if we hadn't gotten our bfp we would have tried iui just timed intercourse with trigger next cycle though.

4 years ago

Decided to try the Clearblue digital that I had as well. Many trips to the bathroom inbetween. So this was around 1:49 pm

user submitted image

4 years ago

Thanks for the info Crams -- i have two older step children (20 and 22) and the oldest lives with us, but thankfully he lives in the basement. But i know what you mean...i started metformin last month and i've been at the 1500 mg dose most of July so maybe it will help. I honestly don't feel different at all except I ovulated this month on CD13 which is a little early and similar to last month so maybe that is leveling out a little bit. The stomach issues peaked around July 4th weekend but they seem to be subsiding now. I hardly ever eat a carb and i know that's a trigger. I'm taking them religiously and i take all three in one go at night when i go to bed along with the rest of my vitamins/supplements (its literally a handful). I am hoping we get some results this month or next. Otherwise we are moving to IVF in September. Good luck and please keep us posted on how you're doing!! Always hate losing one of my friends from the TTC boards but so happy for you at the same time!

4 years ago

@lissa the 18 yr old lives in the room next to ours.

I didn't really feel too different this cycle either. Actually I had a lack of symptoms like I had been symptom spotting the past cycles. So I was thinking yeah no. But on 7dpo I started to get a little lower back achiness (usually only get upper back pain from holding 22 mo old) and then on 8dpo I was eating chicken strips with our LO and started feeling kinda yucky. I love chicken so that was a new one. Made me think maybe it's a symptom. Took hpt 9dpo and here we are. Hopefully you'll get lucky this cycle too and get your +

4 years ago

I hope you ladies don’t mind me venting a little bit and I’m so sorry for over posting today. My son is with his daddy and my fiancé is at work - which left me alone with zero distraction and I am more stressed out today than I’ve been this whole time.
Obviously you know I have endo, and we’re kind of doing this whole “ since my dr won’t go in and look at what’s going on until I’ve TTC for a year with no luck, we might as well start trying and if we end up with our little squish instead of a surgery, that would make our entire lives! If not, at least I get my surgery finally...” thing.
I had my thyroid tested (I’ve been losing hair, weight fluctuating, short luteal phases yadda yadda) - I spoke to a nurse today, 3 of the thyroid indicators came back completely normal. I have to go back in for another draw to see if I have Hoshimoto’s disease, which, with my luck will come back negative as well.
A while ago, I went in to the same Dr office with concerns about losing sheets of tissue along with heavy bleeding and I was rushed out of the office with a script for medroxy progesterone with zero explanation of why. I spoke to the RpH and neither of us could figure out why TF they gave that to me (still being on BC at this point) so the RpH told me not to take it because he couldn’t justify it.
So ever since, I’ve been researching like a mad man trying to figure out what is going on and how I can help myself because I’ve lost trust in my doctors completely.
A lightbulb went off and I remembered the medroxyprogesterone script - what if I could take that (now that I’m off BC) to try to strengthen my uterine lining (endometriosis is generally caused/causes estrogen dominance which makes luteal phases short and implantation almost impossible) - I spoke to the same RpH about possibly using the medroxyprogestorone for that purpose because that would make sense that the Dr had that thought while prescribing it since I was losing sheets of endometrial tissue - lo and behold, that’s the wrong form of progesterone to even remotely do a damn thing in that regard and needs to be rx’d as a combination therapy to do any sort of good.
So basically I’m just getting jerked around and I’m at a complete loss of trying to find solutions - medically or naturally.
I know this is my first cycle TTC, but that’s not the majority of the stress around this. It’s that with every cycle I have, I can feel things getting worse and truth be told, when I was doing FAM from June 2018 to Nov 2018, there were months where I low key tried to get pregnant and had all the temps and CM and CP to back up my timing - and nothing. Not once.
I’m just so ungodly frustrated that every doctor I’ve gone to with this takes one look at my age, my previous pregnancy, and my concern and they shrug me off as being hysterical and tell me that there’s no reason to be concerned “just do birth control to stop your cycle, then you’re not in pain.”
I just. Today, I feel like crying. Just hopeless.
I’m sorry for the rant - I just needed to get that out and not to my man because he’s been working 18 hour days in 113 degree heat...

Mama D TTC #2 User image

4 years ago • Post starter

Hi everyone I’m with ya and trying to focus on other things. I have two beautiful kids already and yet somehow find myself wanting a third after 4 years! Yup 4 and 6 year old!
I have suffered a blighted ovum before my first so there’s hope after mc. Then it took 5 months to conceive him...daughter happened first try.
I look forward to waiting this out with you. I’m about 8 dpo today. Have already tested yesterday and this morning. See photo from yesterday at about 7dpo. Like really I wasted $ using it up at only 7 dpo lol. I keep poas companies rolling! ????

user submitted image

4 years ago

So, I bought a test from another brand to check if yesterday's line we're real or not. I think I see a faint line. Was hoping for a more clear line since they both measure from 25. Uploaded some more pics in my gallery.

user submitted image

User image

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo