Community post

Discussion

Let’s do this TWW together!

View Full Post

Hi ladies! I’m currently going through my first two week wait in this whole, crazy TTC adventure and it is killingggggggg meeeeee. I though I had ovulated two days ago, but had some serious ovulation pain last night so now I’m in limbo, assuming I’m 1DPO - Wondfo tests ordered and being delivered on the 19th so no doubt I will be testing all the way up until AF or a pos test (because I’m the first to admit I have ZERO self control)!
I figured it would be a good idea to gather ladies in the same boat so we can check with each other and give words of encouragement however this cycle goes!

Mama D TTC #2 User image

108 Replies • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by laughs)

11 - 20 of 108 Replies | Last Page

@pandorica that’s awful. I just ordered wondfos knowing damn well they will drive me bonkers.

I actually have a question for everyone here because my BFF and I were discussing this the other day and I’m wondering what yall’s take on it is:

During the TWW, how do you modify your usual routine/diet/medication habits - if at all? Do you allow yourself to drink? Coffee? Do you take supplements? Avoid certain medications?

Mama D TTC #2 User image

4 years ago • Post starter

Hi Endomama,
Any medications that say not to use during pregnancy/trying to conceive I don’t use. I avoid anything that can cause cramping, like stool softener, evening primrose etc. I gave up drinking a couple months before we started trying. I’m going to tryyyyy to reduce my caffeine intake... tough one for me!

User image

4 years ago

@Erised same! I cut caffeine about a month ago and thought it would have been way harder. I ended up replacing it with a ton of herbal tea through the day lol
I take Adderall for ADHD and have been trying to limit the days I take it. I’m waiting for my next appointment with my psych to see what we should do about it because this is our first cycle trying and the most I could do is limit it to the days my ADHD is really bad.

Mama D TTC #2 User image

@Endo i switched to decaf coffee when i got my BFP In March and have stuck with it since then. I get really tired during the TWW so its hard not to drink caffeine but i try my best! I do not drink alcohol anyway so i don't have to worry about that. I add progesterone supplements and also low dose baby aspirin after confirmed O. Everything else is the same (metformin, ovasitol, vitex, coenzyme Q10, prenatal, B6, B12, probiotic, fish oil). My OB said that all of those things are fine during pregnancy. If i get a headache instead of my usual Excedrin I take tylenol during the TWW. Some cycles i have tried eating pineapple core but i don't think it really does anything.

5DPO today. This feels like the longest TWW ever. I will be officially testing on 7/25. What is everyone else's test date? I try not to test early, but i usually cave around 12 DPO.

4 years ago

I used to avoid drinking in the tww and took certain supplements. Now that it's been 2,5 years I'm not that strict anymore, because I feel it would drive me insane.

User image

4 years ago

During this follicular phase, I was thinking of being really strict and acting as though I was already pregnant - but Friday night I caved and had a few drinks because it was a really long, rough day. My BFF doesn’t think you need to do anything different until you see the two lines on the test, but I’m also in the paranoid boat that I’d be hurting my chances for a sticky bean.

Also, 5-6dpo today. It’s still way too early to symptom spot, right? I can’t help but notice a few things but keep shrugging them off as unrelated to pregnancy because I don’t want to open the door to being extra cray cray.
I agree with Lissa, this feels like eternity

Mama D TTC #2 User image

@Endomama - At 5 or 6 dpo it's most likely not pregnancy related symptoms, since the egg has probably not even implanted yet. The symptoms are most likely due to hormonal changes, such as increasing progesterone for example. But I know how hard it is not to symptom spot. I usually did that wayyy too early, like 3 dpo and forward. I kept telling myself it was just regular hormones and eventually it stuck.

So, I just gave myself a "double two week wait" as of today. I've been looking forward to that day when we could have rabbits again and today I finally booked a french lop kit. She's available in roughly 2 weeks. Hence the double two week wait. But that's good for me, it'll probably mean I will be counting down the days until her arrival rather than counting down the days until af hopefully doesn't arrive.

User image

4 years ago

@pandorica you’re right you’re right. I need to get busy and do some house work or something to stop the crazy from leaking out!!!

Also congratulations on your new fur baby!! you have to post pics when you get her home!!

Mama D TTC #2 User image

Hey ladies!! I am going to join you guys!!! I am not fully sure what dpo I am. Somewhere between 5-7 I think. My temps have been all over the place since I have not had a regular sleep schedule all summer. Plus discovered that I occasionally sleep with my mouth open causing issues with my temps. Thinking of trying vaginally but not sure yet. If I go off OPKs then I am about 7dpo. Just trying to wait and see. Have had killer cramps the last couple days as well. Trying not to read much into it at this point though.

User image

4 years ago

Hi Shay! Welcome! Same here, I based my O date off of pains and CM so I’m not entirely sure, but confident. Also killer cramps off and on this week - I hope that’s a good sign for us!! When do you plan to test?

Mama D TTC #2 User image

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo