Community post

Journal

New cycle with Gonal-F

View Full Post

Here's to another cycle! I wasn't going to go the drug treatment route but decided we would give it a go for 3 cycles post my hsg dye test as that is our best chance. So this is cycle 2 following that, and this month my doctor has prescribed me Gonal-F injection dose 112.5 to start from day 3 for 10 days. It stimulates the ovaries to produce more eggs each month to increase our chances. I have to pinch a roll of fat on my abdomen, set the pen to my dose 112.5, insert the needle slowly into my skin and then press the button on the pen while keeping the needle in my skin for 5-7 seconds. I do 10 secs just to be sure. Then I take the needle out without letting go of the button. Once it's completely out I let go of the button making sure that the dose has now gone back to zero.

And that's it!

I decided that this month (and next month!) is an all or nothing month so we have literally been BDing since CD6. Yes I'm absolutely knackered, and yes I'm actually getting a little bored and finding it a slight chore to be honest. But we made it to my Peak Clear Blue reading yesterday (CD10) and my ovulation pains were so strong I'm pretty sure ovulation is immenent. So great news on the BD timing! Today CD11 I had a scan to see if I've ovulated. Scan showed a follicle around 20mm so I was given a gonasi 5000 trigger shot. Doctor said it looked like I would ovulate today.

We've magaged to BD again today and will try for tomorrow CD12. I'm away on CD13 and CD14 so have to hope we've done enough this cycle to catch the egg! I start the Progesterone suppositories again from CD13 nighttime and my doctor told me to do a pregnancy test 12 days after starting the Progesterone. I'm going to test out my trigger using Clinical Guard hpt test, and hopefully we will have some good news at the end of this cycle! xx

User image

13 Comments • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Comments (sorted by likes)

11 - 13 of 13 Comments

@mommy good luck for your cycle! It takes some time to get used to administering the injections but I definitely felt like a pro by the end! I made sure I wrote every dose in the booklet xx

User image

4 years ago • Post starter

@hoping thank you! I hope it looks more obvious tomorrow but I'm not holding out too much hope right now. I just feel like my symptoms are disappearing xx

User image

13dpo 13 days post trigger. You can't get anything whiter than these BFN xx

user submitted image

User image

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo