Community post

Journal

New cycle with Gonal-F

Here's to another cycle! I wasn't going to go the drug treatment route but decided we would give it a go for 3 cycles post my hsg dye test as that is our best chance. So this is cycle 2 following that, and this month my doctor has prescribed me Gonal-F injection dose 112.5 to start from day 3 for 10 days. It stimulates the ovaries to produce more eggs each month to increase our chances. I have to pinch a roll of fat on my abdomen, set the pen to my dose 112.5, insert the needle slowly into my skin and then press the button on the pen while keeping the needle in my skin for 5-7 seconds. I do 10 secs just to be sure. Then I take the needle out without letting go of the button. Once it's completely out I let go of the button making sure that the dose has now gone back to zero.

And that's it!

I decided that this month (and next month!) is an all or nothing month so we have literally been BDing since CD6. Yes I'm absolutely knackered, and yes I'm actually getting a little bored and finding it a slight chore to be honest. But we made it to my Peak Clear Blue reading yesterday (CD10) and my ovulation pains were so strong I'm pretty sure ovulation is immenent. So great news on the BD timing! Today CD11 I had a scan to see if I've ovulated. Scan showed a follicle around 20mm so I was given a gonasi 5000 trigger shot. Doctor said it looked like I would ovulate today.

We've magaged to BD again today and will try for tomorrow CD12. I'm away on CD13 and CD14 so have to hope we've done enough this cycle to catch the egg! I start the Progesterone suppositories again from CD13 nighttime and my doctor told me to do a pregnancy test 12 days after starting the Progesterone. I'm going to test out my trigger using Clinical Guard hpt test, and hopefully we will have some good news at the end of this cycle! xx

User image

13 Comments • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 13 Comments | Last Page

Testing out the trigger shot using Clinical Guard hpts: 1dpt 1dpo xx

user submitted image

User image

4 years ago • Post starter

2dpt 2dpo: Symptoms : my breasts have been killing me for a few days but today is unbearable. Almost to the point I need painkillers. I think it's the combination of the Gonal-F injections and the hcg trigger. I really hope all of this is going to be worth it. xx

User image

Testing out my trigger shot. 7dpo 7 days post trigger shot. xx

user submitted image

User image

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you scuba.chick

4 years ago

Thank you! xx

User image

10dpo 10 days post trigger. No idea if this is still the trigger so using this as my baseline as I test over the next 3 days xx

user submitted image

User image

Having a bad day today. I'm 11dpo 11 days post trigger shot. Stark white test today. I was hoping for something I feel like I'm out this month. I've reread my email from the doctor and she said to test 12 days after starting Progesterone which was on the Saturday night 13th. If you count the Sunday as day 1, that means I should test on Thursday 25th. So 4 more days. But I just feel like it's going to be negative. Wondering if I should stop testing now until Thursday morning. So I can relax a bit. Agrrrr! Don't know what to do! xx

user submitted image

User image

12dpo 12 days post trigger. I'm going crazy with all this waiting!! This was the tests from this morning. I just want to go to sleep and wake up and it be tomorrow. It's driving me insane!! xx

user submitted image

User image

hey @scuba.chick you are 2 weeks ahead of me. I started gonal-f for the first time ever on Sunday with dose 75.0 and another today and Thursday. Then on Friday I go in for my trigger shot and on Saturday IUI. I hope I didn't mess up the Gonal-f because I didn't ensure the dial went back to 0. But I will ensure I pay attention to it today. its nice to follow someone's else process whom is on the same journey as myself.

4 years ago • Edited

Your 11dpo and 12dpo FRER definitely has progression! I can barely see the 11dpo...but I don't need to squint to see 12dpo! Fingers crossed and Best wishes

4 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo