Community post

Question

Conceiving after BC

I have been on birth control for 10 years (the combination pill) and I just recently stopped taking it. How many people experienced ovulation right away?!

4 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

When I got pregnant in 2015, I got pregnant the first month after stopping BC, but it ended in a miscarriage around 6-7 weeks. This time, I got pregnant after 2 full cycles. I stopped BC on Jan 31st, got a "period" on 2/16, real periods on 3/18 and 4/20, then a positive test on 5/15. I'm 10+4 today! I'm 34 years old, btw. Hope this helps.

4 years ago • Edited

Thank you for your feedback!! I stopped taking BC on 6/29 and started what I’m assuming is a withdrawal bleed yesterday and it’s basically gone today. I’m predicted to start my actual period in 11 days so I’m a little confused with my own body right now.

4 years ago • Edited • Post starter

Yeah, if you do get your "period" in 11 days, don't count it as a full cycle, but DO use that date to determine when your next period will be...and that will be your first full cycle.

4 years ago

Thank you!!

4 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo