Community post

Journal

Week 7 bleeding

We've been trying for close to two years now and finally after many, many chemicals we have made it to 6 weeks.
6 weeks 5 days( sunday): getting in the washing I feel a pop and gush (thought I had wet myself) turns out to be blood, bright red running down my legs. No cramps or pain just a ton of blood.
After the initial gush it slows to just regular spotting when I wipe, eventually turning darker and by the next morning has stopped completely.
Call 111 and they advise to speak to my midwife in the morning. My midwife had a day off so she gave me a number for the local maternity triage service (monday)
They refer me to the early pregnancy unit who ask me to come in for a scan on wednesday morning.
Monday evening and the bleeding starts again, not as heavy as the initial gush but quite a bit more than I was comfortable with and one large ish clot. This bleeding continued overnight and has subsided to what I'd call dirty discharge today (tuesday) I still have sore breasts and morning sickness.
Now I wait for my scan tomorrow. Just wanted to share my experience and hopefully update with good news tomorrow

2 Comments • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Comments (sorted by likes)

1 - 2 of 2 Comments

Subchoronic haematoma!! Babys doing great ????????

4 years ago • Post starter

Best of luck! I bled like this all throughout my first pregnancy which eventually stopped around 21 weeks. My son was born healthy at 38 weeks. Fingers crossed for you :)

User image EBF 10 months!

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo