Community post

Question

Can illness cause a delay in ovulation?

A couple of weeks ago I came down with a horrific stomach flu. It was around the time I should have been ovulating. I had no signs of ovulation during that time, nor have I had any in the last two weeks. Did the stomach bug stop me from ovulating? The only symptoms I have are some ovarian cramping but my CM has remained dry and my CP is still low, hard and closed. I did notice a slight pink tinge to my CM yesterday. I have no idea what’s going on and it’s driving me crazy. Also, I took a HPT yesterday and it was BFN. Anyone ever experience this before?

2 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

I'm not sure if this is helpful but I know from experience that if I'm stressed or anxious, I can guarantee without a doubt that it will push back my ovulation up to a week.

4 years ago

As for me and what I've researched, illness will definitely push back my ovulation up to a week. Whether it be a uti or a cold or flu or whatever, I won't get a surge or ovulate ???? I'm going through that right now. Lmp was June 20 and still BFNs. Fingers crossed for you ????????

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo