Community post

Question

When did you start TTC for baby #2?

I'm 4 months pp and husband is ready to start trying for baby #2. It took us 9 months to get baby #1 so we don't want to wait to long to start trying for baby #2. My hope was to breastfeed baby #1 for at least a year. When did you start trying for baby #2?

20 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by likes)

1 - 10 of 20 Answers | Last Page

We are trying for baby #3 now but we waited 3 years to TTC #2 and that took a little over a year for a BFP then had a miscarriage. I got my next BFP 2 mo later and had a healthy pregnancy. ??

TTC Baby #3

4 years ago

I didn't try for my second but he came 2.5 years after my first. We tried for his sister when he was just turning one. They are almost exactly 2 years apart. I like the closer age gap. They play really well together. The two older boys never have gotten along much!

4 years ago

Hey Flamingogirl baby #2 TCC soon! Well my 2nd was 3 years apart and my 3rd was 1 year part and now my 4th 16 years apart

4 years ago

First of all, congrats on your Valentine’s Day Baby! I was really feeling ready to try again when our first was 5 months. My husband was ready too, but we did not expect to fall pregnant on the first month TTC since it took about 5 months to conceive #1 and I’d had chemicals in the past. Then factor in #2 was also a preemie. Girls are 13 months apart, and we’re doing alright. So if you do TTC now, be ready for anything! I have a friend who breastfed her first until she was about 20 weeks along with #2. Your Dr will be able to tell you more about breastfeeding while trying/pregnant

4 years ago

Hi Beautiful! Four babies! I know you must be soaking in all the love from your new little one .

Thank you for your experiences ladies! I like the idea of 20-24 months apart so maybe we will wait a tad longer to start ttc again. I just worry it will take us 9 months again so I don't want to start to late. I think I'll stop with the BC at 9 months pp and see what happens. That way I'll get to breastfeed my daughter for a year incase my milk goes away when I get pregnant again.

4 years ago • Post starter

Anyone else have in site or advice on when to start TTC for baby #2? I'm starting to get anxious about it and DH is ready to start now!

Started trying when my daughter was 6 months. Been ttc 1 year now.

Mill

4 years ago

After #1 my cycles started again when she was about 9 months old. We started trying (or rather not preventing) on the third cycle after that because we were TTC for 8 months before I got pregnant with #1. For #2 I got pregnant on that very first cycle. I continued breastfeeding through the first trimester but then starting losing too much weight so I stopped when she was 14 months. For both of my kids my cycles started again when the baby stopped nursing through the night (which was around 16 mo for #2!). It sounds that the first few cycles post-partum are very fertile usually. We waited longer to start trying for #3 and it took us a while. But if you start trying right after your cycles return, it could be very fast!

4 years ago

l also start trying for baby #2.But there are still concerns.The first baby is only three years old so I'm a little hesitant.

4 years ago

Thank you all for sharing your experiences. I love that about this community!

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo