Community post

Question

Have you had a miscarriage? Can you help?

So the worst was confirmed Tuesday. Baby’s heart had stopped beating and baby was only measuring 6+6 instead of 9+5 weeks. Missed miscarriage. I knew...I really knew. And no one believed me that my dates were accurate and that I knew our baby was measuring 8 days behind in our first early scan at 6+1 weeks. Just needed my body to catch up with my mind. Miscarried naturally on Wednesday. 5 miscarriages now...sadly I’m becoming an expert I’d say!
Anyway...I already have a 5 year old daughter from a previous relationship but my partner has no children and this was his first time for a pregnancy. He was very positive about it all before the miscarriage and kept saying..’it will be fine..we’ve got this’ He’s not the emotional type and won’t talk or share his feelings about what’s happened since. I have so many questions that I want him to answer just for my own sanity and I can feel the relationship breaking down if I feel we can’t talk. He’s better by text and more honest that way rather than face to face, so we've planned that I’ll text him the questions I want answered with no judgements upon his answers. I think that’s fair. We’ve agreed I’ll only ask him once with everything I want to know and then try to move forward, but I don’t want to suddenly think of a good question afterwards to ask him and then not be able to ask it. I just wanted to ask you ladies what it was you wanted to know or wish you’d asked your husbands/ partners about their thoughts or feelings when you miscarried, so I don’t miss out on asking him anything. He’s a very good man and very supportive...just struggles with the emotional side of things.
Can you please help me by suggesting what to ask him that might give me closure and help us to stay together? Thanks guys. X

0 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo