Community post

Journal

HSG

View Full Post

So I had my private HSG test today. I had one performed about 3 1/2 years ago and I remember it just feeling uncomfortable. Well it was the same today. The first part of the test is like a cervical smear and I did squirm quite a bit as she moved the speculum and the internal vaginal rod but then I eased into it. It was like a dull ache as the dye was injected through and then nothing.

The gynae doc said the dye went in and flowed out so that is a good sign. I have a lot of bloody ewcm and expect that for a few days. I have a prescription for some antibiotics to take today too.

What I didn't know was she was going to prescribe me an injection of (Gonasi) to do on the day of my surge or on day 15 if it doesn't come by then, plus Progesterone gel. She said I had a good follicle and this was an excellent chance this month! She said to have sex from tomorrow and 3 days in a row when I get my surge plus lots more sex on our holiday which we go on day 15.

I think I'll probably get a peak tomorrow or Thursday.

Eeek! Let's see what happens next! 12DPO will be a few days before we get back so I'll pack some tests. She said if it's negative I have to stop the gel otherwise my period won't start. And if it it's positive to come back and get a blood test from her. What I'm confused about is my cycle is usually a few days longer than 12 so should I still stop the gel if it's negative? Surely I shouldn't test until 14DPO to make sure???

I've never done any of this before so nervous and excited!

xx

User image

71 Comments • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Comments (sorted by likes)

51 - 60 of 71 Comments | Last Page

Progression over 48 hours xx

user submitted image

User image

4 years ago • Post starter

Looks good. I think you just caught it super early and implanted later. That's a definite positive.

Mill

4 years ago

Thanks @millbarnet xx I went for a blood test this morning so waiting for the results xx

User image

4 years ago • Edited • Post starter

Will be stalking for the blood test results! Those tests sure look promising!

4 years ago

Well not great news. Blood test results only 6. The midwife wants me to come back next Friday. Private doc wants me to stop my Progesterone as she says it's negative. I don't know what to do. I think I'll stay on it until Monday and see if my tests get darker over the weekend. xx

User image

Right reading the studies and if I stop it and am in fact pregnant it won't affect anything. So best to stop and if my period shows then I'll know xx

User image

I sent the pics to the private doc and she said there is only 1 line . Honestly getting a little cross now! x

User image

4 years ago • Edited • Post starter

Just read this on Google...
An hCG level of less than 5 mIU/mL is considered negative for pregnancy, and anything above 25 mIU/mL is considered positive for pregnancy. An hCG level between 6 and 24 mIU/mL is considered a grey area, and you'll likely need to be retested to see if your levels rise to confirm a pregnancy.

User image

Better view of my test this morning..

user submitted image

User image

OK today is light. In fact if I had to compare it looks the same as 3 days ago. I think the doctor was right. xx

user submitted image

User image

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo