Community post

Journal

HSG

View Full Post

So I had my private HSG test today. I had one performed about 3 1/2 years ago and I remember it just feeling uncomfortable. Well it was the same today. The first part of the test is like a cervical smear and I did squirm quite a bit as she moved the speculum and the internal vaginal rod but then I eased into it. It was like a dull ache as the dye was injected through and then nothing.

The gynae doc said the dye went in and flowed out so that is a good sign. I have a lot of bloody ewcm and expect that for a few days. I have a prescription for some antibiotics to take today too.

What I didn't know was she was going to prescribe me an injection of (Gonasi) to do on the day of my surge or on day 15 if it doesn't come by then, plus Progesterone gel. She said I had a good follicle and this was an excellent chance this month! She said to have sex from tomorrow and 3 days in a row when I get my surge plus lots more sex on our holiday which we go on day 15.

I think I'll probably get a peak tomorrow or Thursday.

Eeek! Let's see what happens next! 12DPO will be a few days before we get back so I'll pack some tests. She said if it's negative I have to stop the gel otherwise my period won't start. And if it it's positive to come back and get a blood test from her. What I'm confused about is my cycle is usually a few days longer than 12 so should I still stop the gel if it's negative? Surely I shouldn't test until 14DPO to make sure???

I've never done any of this before so nervous and excited!

xx

User image

71 Comments • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 71 Comments | Last Page

I've got everything crossed for you xxx I have been taking them at the same time and today was the first time I did one in the afternoon. Temped to do another cheapie in an hour as have been holding off going to the toilet again! I only have 2 FRER with me on holiday so going to use one tomorrow and one on Wednesday morning before we leave. I'm just really hoping it's not the trigger xx

User image

4 years ago • Post starter

I'm sure it's not the trigger! I'm so excited for you! Keep me posted!

4 years ago

Right there is the faintest of lines. I can see it in person but to be honest I'm not convinced. Testing again with FRER tomorrow and hopefully it will be darker or gone so I can move onto the next cycle xx Let me know what you think xx

user submitted image

User image

And the cheapie....

user submitted image

User image

I see faint line! Is it pink? Mine BFN was even bigger, fatter and more negative this morning

4 years ago

@lissa I'm so sorry Yes the faint pink was there was straight away so not an evap but to be honest I'm still thinking hcg trigger. It's just barely there. But I'll test again tomorrow before I stop the Progesterone. xx

User image

It does look pretty faint. Maybe your doctor would want you to come in for a blood draw before you stop the progesterone? May not hurt to give them a call.

4 years ago

Yes that's a good idea. I'll definitely do that tomorrow if I have a questionable line xx

User image

12dpo 13dpt please tell me you can see this!!! This is darker than the barely there line yesterday!! xx

user submitted image

User image

Side by side with yesterday... xx

user submitted image

User image

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo