Community post

Journal

HSG

View Full Post

So I had my private HSG test today. I had one performed about 3 1/2 years ago and I remember it just feeling uncomfortable. Well it was the same today. The first part of the test is like a cervical smear and I did squirm quite a bit as she moved the speculum and the internal vaginal rod but then I eased into it. It was like a dull ache as the dye was injected through and then nothing.

The gynae doc said the dye went in and flowed out so that is a good sign. I have a lot of bloody ewcm and expect that for a few days. I have a prescription for some antibiotics to take today too.

What I didn't know was she was going to prescribe me an injection of (Gonasi) to do on the day of my surge or on day 15 if it doesn't come by then, plus Progesterone gel. She said I had a good follicle and this was an excellent chance this month! She said to have sex from tomorrow and 3 days in a row when I get my surge plus lots more sex on our holiday which we go on day 15.

I think I'll probably get a peak tomorrow or Thursday.

Eeek! Let's see what happens next! 12DPO will be a few days before we get back so I'll pack some tests. She said if it's negative I have to stop the gel otherwise my period won't start. And if it it's positive to come back and get a blood test from her. What I'm confused about is my cycle is usually a few days longer than 12 so should I still stop the gel if it's negative? Surely I shouldn't test until 14DPO to make sure???

I've never done any of this before so nervous and excited!

xx

User image

71 Comments • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Comments (sorted by laughs)

21 - 30 of 71 Comments | Last Page

Better light and think I still see a vvvvf line. Probably still the trigger

user submitted image

User image

4 years ago • Post starter

Hey scuba i took at test at 11DPO and it was a big fat negative (not even a hint) so i think the trigger was gone. I haven't taken another one yet. I'm 14DPO and AF is due wednesday or thursday (according to FF) and i'm afraid to test again. I know i need to so i can stop taking the progesterone. I'm really feeling out but i hope your line is the start of your BFP this month!!!

4 years ago

@ Lissa Test!!!! I know it's hard but it's not going to change anything to wait. But you will know you Dan stop progesterone and get the show on the road for the next month!

Mill

4 years ago

@lissa definitely test!!!!! I read this really good post about a lady who literally had bfn until 14DPO after the trigger. xx

User image

Another test just taken after a 4 hour hold.
Approx 10DPO 11dpt. Trigger or a vvvvvvf positive? I can still see that shadow? Should I try FRER tomorrow??? xx

user submitted image

User image

@lissa what dose was your trigger? xx

User image

@lissa this is the post I was referring to.... xx

user submitted image

User image

Answer:

user submitted image

User image

4 years ago • Edited • Post starter

xx

user submitted image

User image

Scuba -- i think the dose was 250 ug (mcg). It was the brand name "Ovidrel." I think i will test tomorrow. My LP is longer so AF not due until thursday. I'm afraid if i take the test and its BFN then i may stop the progesterone prematurely. I will test tomorrow for sure and maybe take another test wednesday before i stop the progesterone suppositories. That way if it's BFP tomorrow i will know and if not then i will have one more chance. I don't feel any symptoms at all so i'm pretty sure i'm out.

Are you taking your tests at the same time each day with the same brand of tests? You could line them up next to each other and see if they are getting lighter (trigger) or darker (BFP!) but only if you take at the same time with the same amount of hold. I def see the line on your last one! I can tell you for sure that my 11DPO HPT was a clear stark BFN -- not even a hint or a shadow. I think you have a BFP girl!!!

4 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo